Gemini Kneeboards

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

kneemor
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Gemini Kneeboards

Post by kneemor »

I am currently getting a Gemini Speed Freak board shaped for me and pondered the possibility of getting a kneeboard shaped with the twin tip design.

What do you think the performance would be if this was done to a kneeboard?

PICs of the Gemini: http://www.visualsonicpro.com/gemini/
eqKneelo
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by eqKneelo »

... not nearly a good as a real FREAK from Luke, a PIG-FISH from Hart, a STUB VECTOR from Bud, or one of about 6 progressive shapes from Parkes.

It's your money... but the next good Kneeboard shaped by a Surfer will be the 1st.

"Support those that support the sport."
K-man

Post by K-man »

If you have to ''think'' and ''ask''about the possibilites of a given board shaped by a standup,then that should be a clue/warning that what you get might be not what you want.[The shaper has a good rep.]
We've choices beyond belief... :lol: And they're all world class ''proven''shapes

cheers
kneemor

thanks

Post by kneemor »

Thanks for the replies. I have supported most of the kneeboard shapers mentioned on this site and continue to do so.

I was just looking to see if anyone has explored the twin hull design for kneeboards.
skansand

Post by skansand »

Donde es ZEKE??
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
K-man

Post by K-man »

TWIN HULL DESIGN FOR KBs.Good point kneemor,interesting looking sticks,be cool to see a KB design.No doubt there are more than a few long time KB shapers from both sides of the equator on this site,[under aliases]who probably won't reply.... Too bad!

cheers
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Kneemor...... I saw that my name came up In this post, I`ll give my inport.
I shaped a ,as you call it, "a twin tip" board for myself. I ,we, call it the "piclefork". I`m sure there are pics of it somewhere here on this site somewhere. I just checked and I didn`t see the forum about that design. But I will take a few pics for you.
The board I shaped is 4'10", 17 1/4 wide, 2" thick, stingers set at 17" up from the tail, step deck starting at the stingers to the tail, single fin, modified pintail and all black.
It`s a fun board to ride but it`s handfull. It needs steep/fast waves to excel. It needs the speed to give the "tips" a little lift because you don`t have the "center" to give you the planning surface you need to get the board to plane.
Over all, I think the board was a sucess. It`s not a board I ride alot, but it does make people look and get out of the way.
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Eq... I have to disagree with you on thinking a "stand-up" can`t make a good KB. I have 3 boards from 2 different stand up shapers and I LOVE them !! I do own a Flashpoint also and I love that board too. It believe it boils down to the shapers knowledge of the wave(s) and what works and what doesn`t and the openness to listen.
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Eq... I have to disagree with you on thinking a "stand-up" can`t make a good KB. I have 3 boards from 2 different stand up shapers and I LOVE them !! I do own a Flashpoint also and I love that board too. It believe it boils down to the shapers knowledge of the wave(s) and what works and what doesn`t and the openness to listen.
W.G. Facenda

Post by W.G. Facenda »

Cool to see someone following the number 1 rule of kneeboarding and that's

TO KEEP AND OPEN MIND AND HAVE NO RULES .

Kneeboard shapers can't shape standup boards :wink:
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Yes, the fork is in the front. At the time, I was riding no longer then 5'2' with the smallest being 4'9". I planned for the board to be longer,around 5'6". But the idea behind the Gemini board design is that they say,you are able to get the same preformece from their boards being shorter as you get from a londer board. So when I drew it out, I made it longer, when I figured out how long I wanted the tips,that is where I got the 4'10". Thats sounded good to me beause I figured it was in the board range that I typically ride.
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Yes, the fork is in the front. At the time, I was riding no longer then 5'2' with the smallest being 4'9". I planned for the board to be longer,around 5'6". But the idea behind the Gemini board design is that they say,you are able to get the same preformece from their boards being shorter as you get from a londer board. So when I drew it out, I made it longer, when I figured out how long I wanted the tips,that is where I got the 4'10". Thats sounded good to me beause I figured it was in the board range that I typically ride.
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

I jsut uploaded a few pics of my design
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.