Best Fins

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

toofast
Local (More than 25 post)

single fin only

Post by toofast »

I ride only one fin. It`s called a "butterfly" fin. A copy of a fin from a guy named Velze. It`s a single fin that is in the shape of a "V". At the slant they are at,the fin from board to tip is 4". My boards are very loose.[/b]
SCGARY

Post by SCGARY »

Cripple Crusader wrote:Have always had glass-on fins, but picked up a new board about 2 months ago from my shaper in SA. Had asked him for FCS with a box middle fin. He decided to use his 'professional judgement' :roll: and put Speeedfins in the sides and the box in the middle (http://www.speeedfins.com/).

Couldn't be happier. The flex that the fins have is unbelievable and provide a huge amount of drive out of turns, and really grab the wave in the most critical of areas. Small Box fin in the centre adds a lot of versatility to the board.

Oh, and it's never been easier taking the fins in and out!!! :lol:

Board: 5'11" x 22 1/2 (my little pocket rocket!!)
Hey CC,
I'll be in London in June and was wondering where you guys surf since I may be able to get some time to watch you guys surf if there's a swell running.
Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: single fin only

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toofast

Post by toofast »

Beeline.....do you know where I can get any "butterfly" fins ?? I would like to get 2 more. I got the 2 I have back in the late 70`s. The surf shops around my area can`t find them....Thanks
hart

Fins

Post by hart »

The Horan fin of course was designed by the late Australian, Ben Lexcan..1983 America's Cup winning yacht (and keel) designer with 'Australia 2'.
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toofast

Post by toofast »

Beeline...
I have checked with surfride in o`side and the kid I talked with got back to me the next day and said that they counldn`t get them.I will see if I can talk with Sean....thanks
I surfed sunday with a few other ksusa guys and they tripped out over the fin. They asked if it held and I said it all depends on how steep the wave is and how hard you cut....We talk for a few minute on the beach when we were done.They did say that they did see me slide down the face of the wave side ways a few times and get it back around.I told them I like it because usually you don`t know when its going to hold and when its not...It`s that EXTRA thrill that I like ...
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cripple Crusader
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Cripple Crusader »

SCGARY wrote:Hey CC,
I'll be in London in June and was wondering where you guys surf since I may be able to get some time to watch you guys surf if there's a swell running.
SCGARY,
Just seen this now... Generally surf down in Wales, Devon or Cornwall - anything from a 3-5hr drive from London. If you are coming over to London drop me a PM, or also get onto the UK Kneelo Forum: http://www.kneeboardsurfing.co.uk/forum/index.php as there are loads of us around who will be more than willing to show you around.

CC
On your knees, if you please
toofast

Post by toofast »

Beeline...i`ve done the same trick to do the same thing.I heard that there was a outing at blacks a while back.Wish I was a member then. I surf salt creek almost every sunday. that trick works good there also
kneemor

Pro Teck fins

Post by kneemor »

Any one use pro teck fins on their KB. if so which ones?
fisherrat

Post by fisherrat »

fcs GR sides GX or GS backs, it's fun in the summer :lol: