Blast vs. Flashpoint

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

K-man
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by K-man »

When ordering my first board,hart refused to talk business thru PM.Said it was for site stuff only,not for business-Had to use E-mail.Thats not flogging in my book....
Everyone who posts a pic of their latest board is simply ''riding for the brand''[Read a few louie lamour westerns-you;ll understand-if you don't already]

K

PS. Why do you all refer to us as americans? I Prefer yank....which on this side can have a negative connotation :lol: For me,makes it a bit chummier,you know the mate thing :)
john -

Post by john - »

DYdamo wrote:Dorje wrote:

since we live in a moving to the right capitalist ecconomy ourselves and hart has marketed himself quite well here, one have to suggest DY, that it is also very/typically australian to promote ones product

I have no problem with self promotion! What pisses me off is
the arrogance of "mine's bigger/better/faster/cheaper/best". Show me
where Bruce has posted a message flogging his boards. He gladly answers anyone's questions without ramming his product down their throats or using the opportunity to take out a full page Ad!.

Flashpoint v blast

sublte v brash

northshore v deeWhy

duality :!:

we should perhaps not set maunfactures or their products up against each other on forums
merely labled
K-man

seppo=septic tank

Post by K-man »

''I thought the official term was Seppo :lol: ''

I am a true ''seppo''We don't have sewers,we have septic tanks.And you know what they do with this stuff after the tank's been pumped?Well.they blend it till it's smooth.homogenize it,add color till its reddish brown ,almost black.ship it to OZ,then relabel it as vegemite... :lol:
WAY off original post....Not my fault...it's johnS...he's the instigator :lol:
john -

Post by john - »

JohnS, i know what you mean...i like both my feet

its like one taste :wink:
merely labled
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

I have my cousin in New Zealand bring me up acouple jars of vegimite every 6 months or so... heh heh it taste sort of like gravy i think. he says his kids go insane for it and would rather have it than candy???? hmmm wonder what the secret ingredient is? yeast!!! eww!!!
Last edited by KAVA on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weirdo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by weirdo »

hmmmmm from Blast v Flashpoint to Vegemite??...

I get shakey if I dont have vegemite everymorn
Headwax
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Headwax »

snipped for reasons only known to the ether IE off topic :lol:
Last edited by Headwax on Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

If you want a good allrounder, that'll handle the majority of conditions.Go for the Flashy........it'll do the job......no dramas.

Hoo Roo,
MEAT
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

YANKS, its something the britts made up back in ww1 + 2. guess they were pissed that we were yankin all their chicks from em while we were there lol. YANKS, POHM's, it was a face saving move...
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

hmmm looks like K-MAN had already put up the definition on another thred ( but i like mine too)
Word History: The origin of Yankee has been the subject of much debate, but the most likely source is the Dutch name Janke, meaning "little Jan" or "little John," a nickname that dates back to the 1680s. Perhaps because it was used as the name of pirates, the name Yankee came to be used as a term of contempt. It was used this way in the 1750s by General James Wolfe, the British general who secured British domination of North America by defeating the French at Quebec. The name may have been applied to New Englanders as an extension of an original use referring to Dutch settlers living along the Hudson River. Whatever the reason, Yankee is first recorded in 1765 as a name for an inhabitant of New England. The first recorded use of the term by the British to refer to Americans in general appears in the 1780s, in a letter by Lord Horatio Nelson, no less. Around the same time it began to be abbreviated to Yank. During the American Revolution, American soldiers adopted this term of derision as a term of national pride. The derisive use nonetheless remained alive and even intensified in the South during the Civil War, when it referred not to all Americans but to those loyal to the Union. Now the term carries less emotionexcept of course for baseball fans.
so where was the origin of the acronym POHM or POHMie developed? heh! heh! and does it apply to all british commonwelth contries or just aussieland and kiwiland? :oops:
DYdamo

Post by DYdamo »

BINGO, I couldnt have said it any better myself.
Now about my remarks some people got it :wink: some obviously didnt :twisted:
I think POHM(pommy)came from Prisoner Of Her Majesty.and Promite is waaaaayy better than vege or marmite,,,,,,,,,,,,,OH NO Its started again.

and MW yes,yes, no,see what I can do and thank you