Commercial Fin Systems that suit Kneeboards

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

DarcyM
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

FCS fins

Post by DarcyM »

Just an impression, on my first two go-outs on a new Flashpoint, the 5' 11" trifin.

First time out I used the GAM side fins and the GYU center fin. Way too stiff. Waves were 1 - 2 and pretty weak, but even on the little juicy sections I was having a difficult time getting the feel of the board. New board too, so some adjustment on my part.

Second time out, I swapped the GYU side fins, and a GX center fin. Smaller fin set all around, and a little bit bigger waves this time. It made all the difference. Sweet and snappy with wonderful transition from rail to rail. Finding the sweet spot was like dancing (except I can't dance). Anyway, you get my drift. I couldn't tell that I was riding a longer board, except for the ease in paddling and gliding through the flats, exactly what I was looking for! :D

I've also picked up a GS center fin, the smallest available, to try out for smaller days as well. I also looked at the H2's, but they seem so different, and twice as expensive, so I'm really hesitant to buy without being able to try first.
dm

"Push the button, Max!"