New Parkes.

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

kneemor
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

New Parkes.

Post by kneemor »

Look at what I just purchased off Don. This is probably the most beautiful board I have ever seen. Well off to Blacks to ride it.

I will let you all know how it performs.

surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Gorgeous board! How many inches forward are the fins? Length? Width?
O-what in 5 seconds?

Congrats!

Dan
kbing since plywood days
tumak
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by tumak »

I gotta say, that does look like a really cool board! Congratulations! What is that model called? Does it have a special name, or is it just called a tri-fin round pin, or what?
"Imprisonment in the contemporary is the worst of all intellectual tyrannies." -Weston La Barre
kneemor

Board

Post by kneemor »

The board is a round pin tri and was lucky enough to score this off of Don.

The dimensions :

Height - 5' 10"
width - 23.5
Thickness - 2.75
Special Features- Concave bottom

I just came back from Windansea and this thing is like a rocket. I still ride Blast boards but this board makes me a Parkes believer.
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

oi that looks like my board, same dimensions and colour and gees even looks like a similar fin steup, oh well the secrets out lol
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
kneemor

More impressed

Post by kneemor »

I just came back from a session in La Jolla and I am growing to love the Parkes over my Blast.

The Blast has a bit more drive but the Parkes just kills the wave when doing cutbacks or off the lips.

It was almost too easy to do an off the lip and the cutbacks were pretty easy to do also.

Don thanks again for the board.
Don
Admin

Re: More impressed

Post by Don »

submariner wrote:I just came back from a session in La Jolla and I am growing to love the Parkes over my Blast.

The Blast has a bit more drive but the Parkes just kills the wave when doing cutbacks or off the lips.

It was almost too easy to do an off the lip and the cutbacks were pretty easy to do also.

Don thanks again for the board.
Tony,

Glad you like the board. I can honestly say I wish I were 20 years younger and more open minded to Tri-fins! This was a beautiful board and the dimensions came from Steeno and were slightly modified by David to accommodate California surf.

In Baja I took a 5'9" quad rounded pin designed for very small surf and we passed it around a bit. I haven't ridden the board in awhile and found that it was easy to "over" surf it... as soon as I let the board glide and looked for the critical move it was very responsive and extremely fun in small conditions.

Having a few boards in the quiver is essential, and also hard to find the time to ride them all these days!
Don Harris
kneemor

Mush board

Post by kneemor »

I would like to order a Parkes Mush similar to this board but a bit longer (6') and a bit wider and thicker.

Please let me know David has time to shape it this year.