catamaran/piclklefork designs

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Ted
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Ted »

kinda funny how a fricken PICKELFORK!!!! get 60 responses and talk about the Channel Islands mainstream kneeboard for standups gets 0--nada!! I think this site is for contest chat only...........
Ler
Legend (Contribution King!)

Dooeer

Post by Ler »

Were suppost to all connected though kneeriding. show up at a gathering, you will see its just about getting together and riding some waves., maybe some beers afterwards. Show up sometime get some surf. Have fun, Brother Kneelo.

Ler

P.S. The other post has been on since Sept. Trust me you'll get your turn.
Hang in there.
Last edited by Ler on Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
MTBarrels
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by MTBarrels »

DrStrange wrote:

"...That bit in the article about how people accepting it is that last bug in the design process makes me laugh and pisses me off. People are so willfully stupid its hard to imagine how we've survived so long. People dismiss it out of hand without ever riding one and probably mostly without ever even seeing anyone else riding one..."

I have to say that I certainly have not been overwhelmed by persons curious enough to actually try out my HYPO (HYdrofoil PaipO) board either (lots of verbal interest, but no action). So far, the spectrum of external reviewers consist of a total of 2 (stand-up) surfers in 17 months of recruiting. FWIW, both are highly regarded local riders--and both want to do it again.

In regard to Beeline's recent comment on this subject, in this case it also costs nothing to do so (other than the person's time, of course).

I am utterly amazed by the lack of participatory curiosity in the surfing community toward anything beyond incremental changes to the dominant art.

MT
Experience gained is in proportion to equipment ruined.
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to buying
napkins and paperplates, otherwise I use quite a bit
of discernment. That discernment thang' and Consumer
Reports have saved me some real bucks.
Right on!!!! Consumer reports actually TESTS products before giving a judgement on them. If I was rich and early retired I'd buy and try all sorts of stuff just for my own fun but also to support innovators as that is where progress comes from. In another thread it was mentioned about the rapid recent improvements in KB designs and that is a direct result of shapers getting feedback from riders and also from them taking the gamble and making something a bit outside the normal and trying it themselves.

Talked to Bud on phone the other day about my pending Stubb and he was telling me about a recent experimental board he made for himself for really serious HI big waves. Got his ass majorly kicked for his trouble--the board didn't work. In other words, he learned a huge amount more than he already knows, about design that all riders of his future shapes will benefit from.

I forget if it was Tom Edison or Bucky Fuller who said something to the effect that they liked it when an experiment failed as that was when they learned the most about what to try next! The key is trying the experiment first before rendering judgements.