Postcard

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

quadfin
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by quadfin »

Lot of years on the rigs all around the world. Always tried to take my kneeboard along. If your brother is in The North Sea on a supply boat God Bless Him. Monster seas in shallow cold water..a tough environment.
I have worked off Sable Island in Nova Scotia as well and is close to North Sea.

Have fun with your boat restoration Doc. Sold my project (38 Delta) boat and have the new owner send me pictures like it was one of my kids. Don't miss that cash drain though
doc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by doc »

Oh yeah, among the nice things about a kneeboard is you can tuck it in your bunk.

My brother kinda gave up on running supply boats, he wound up doing safer stuff, like pipeline diving. Inside the pipelines.

The Really Nice Thing about being a sometime boat carpenter is that you get stuff cheap and you have the tools. And leftovers from big projects work Real Well for the few things I have to do. And my boards will fit under the cockpit.

Sable Island- now, that's kinda hairy.

doc.........