Cheyne Horan Starfin

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Cheyne Horan Starfin on a Friar Tuck 5'10" Tri...

Great idea, this is a definite goer and clearly the work of an aquanautical genius!
23%
This is the most stupid idea I've ever heard born of the mind of an imbicile.
29%
Dunno
49%

Total votes: 35

stonefish
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

winged fin set up

Post by stonefish »

the wing thing has been around awhile but i feel that the twinfin with finlets works best. R. Stockstill has patent pending status on this and i hope to see kneeriders everywhere use the system. look for it soon at surf shops on the west coast.
stonefish

fin shui

Post by stonefish »

ive tried the fcs red tip as a twin fin set up with no center fin and it was fun. mexico beach break. the finlets do render the center fin unneeded. long before fcs came out with this design of center fin i had already been surfing
wwwstonefishskegs.com
the star fin was on the right track, but as a centerfin with the finlets to large it wasnt suited to a kneeboard.finding the twin fin configuration worked best with finlet shape and placement on the board. even before the pair of fins on surfsearch in 86 or 87. my design was well underway. there has been seatrials of a new tow in stand up board that is going well. the big thing is to take the time to get a real feel for the ride as it is different, in the best of ways. rainbow fins has a version of fin with finlets but , the surface area of the finlet isnt enough or the right shape to achieve what this design has done. they will snap into excisting mounting systems but then optimal placement is compromised. im staying true to this.
GRAYMAN

Post by GRAYMAN »

Wow, you've got em RIGHT on the tail!!!

G
albert
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by albert »

thats it!

im getting one...