New to kneel on the great lakes

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Indygoofyfoot
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Indygoofyfoot »

Bart
the few non commercial polystyrene boards I have seen bore the marks of a technology which hasn't quite worked itself out yet. Delaminations and very soft with lots of pressure dents. Now that could be the user, but since materials are dear around here and I don't fully understand the material I'll just stick to clark for now..... Besides I like working with clark blanks. I have made the switch to Greg Loehrs epoxy and really like working with it.
Red
We face the same issues with sewerage overflows that the coasts have and especially in urban areas such as Milwaukee. However, areas which you would equate to pollution such as steel mills and refineries of Gary are actually under such epa scrutiny and their financial livesdepend on clean water, that they are much better stewards of the lakes than the municipalities. The municipalities, especially Milwuakee find it easier to say "I'm sorry, what do you want us to do?" we don't have any money, rather than fix the probelms. Ironically Most of the money for water treatment comes from federal funds which they conveniently leave out of their explanation. Less than 10% is local funding. In short bad water equals more tax money for the municipality why would you cut off your tax dollars by fixing the sewers. There are no substantial penalties for municipalities so for now don't look to get it fixed.
Chicago which is right next door actually takes pretty good care, comparatively, of their water. I guess in short the lakes are much better off than they were 20 even 10 years ago but like everywhere else they have a long way to go.
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

I find this post so interesting, I have never even thought about waves inland in a lake. awesome. The pics are all time, I know its rare but it makes you wanna come over there and hang for a year just to able to have surfed in a lake. So cool......

:D
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather