Old kneeboarder just found this site and looking for a board

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

frog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by frog »

I've just wanted to say hello to my fellow kneeboarder. It's great to see that kneeboarding is still alive and well.

In the last few years I started surfing again and I never come across a fellow kneeboarder in the water. I just figure I was a dying breed.

I started kneeboarding in the early '70. and now am 50 yrs. After my career and children raising. Am back in the water once again.

I've have two Steve Lis fish 5'-10" and 5'-6" "no dings" from back in the day. That were sitting in my garage for many years. I just found they are worth a lot of money..No am not selling them! It's only boards I got and still ride them and give me pleasure everytime I put them in the water.

But at last. I am looking for a new kneeboard. Can someone help me with a good kneeboard shaper or surf shop. I can contact them in either No. Cal or So. Cal. prefer So. Cal. scent am looking to update with all this new high tech stuff Ive been seeing in the water.

Or any info that can help this old kneeboarder out! To bring me up to date.

From an old kneeboarder "'70 nickname they give me" And back again

Frog
Jack Beresford
Legend (Contribution King!)

frog

Post by Jack Beresford »

Welcome Back Frog,

If you poke around on this site, you'll find lots of advice - probably more than you want!

Here is a fairly recent forum topic similar:

viewtopic.php?t=3006&start=0

Good luck!

Jack
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Were do you hail from old timer? It is easy to hook up with other Kneelos here in SoCal. You can get a chance to see and try a multitude of boards.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Yeah, We 54 y/o's still have a gas in the water! I've found the KBers on this site to be some of the friendliest and kinds surfers I've ever run across. They would give you the fin off their board if you needed it.

You have an excellent chance of trying a wide range of newer KB shapes on any given weekend. All you ahve to do is let them know where you surf/live and everyone will dial you in.

Old school is fun but new is GREAT!

-Surfhorn
kbing since plywood days
cs
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by cs »

Frog, if you're down Oceanside way, look up Mr. C.P. Odom. Not only does he have a great first name, but he's one hell of a class act and he'll even buy breakfast now and then. :lol: Oh, and if you're nice, his wife might let you do some laundry and take a shower at their house.

cs
Craig

Post by Craig »

Happy Birthday Martin 50 is good 8)

Welcome Frog you'll find lots of board types to try.

sTiLl a gROM :!:
gumby

Post by gumby »

I ask what is the average age of KSUSA members. I would guess 35+ :?: Well frog if Vanhalen can rock again you should have no problem. :P shure beats jin rummy And some one may give you a board for just a sniff of those Lis's
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
Stephen Michael

Post by Stephen Michael »

ALL i can say is......Welcome back from the East Coast. What took you so long?
Stephen
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Frog,

Are you anywhere near the Oceanside area? If so you will find two relatively large groups of Kneelos out this weekend. These groups sort of mix and merge between two local spots:
1. Oceanside Harbor, tip of the south jetty and points just north and south.
2. South side of the Oceanside Pier to down as far as Wisconsin Street.

Come join us if you are in the area.

Uh oh! Martin’s offended. And he should be, he only looks 30 (plus+++++) and is a stoked grom at heart.

CS,
Watch out, you may be excommunicated from the Odom compound. Now every homeless reprobate Kneelo that passes thru town will be looking for some hospitality.
cs

Post by cs »

:lol: :oops:
frog

Post by frog »

Wanted to thank everybody for the info about kneeboard shaper and new boards tech.

See ya in the water.

Frog
Joel5150Photo

kneeboard shapers...

Post by Joel5150Photo »

javascript:emoticon(':D') Yooooo ! froooooooog ! welcome to the party..you have missed some good waves... but its FAR FROM OVER !!!! next time your in newport Beach,, check out The Frog House..6908 W, Coast Highway..its near the first signal going south( your driving south from Huntington beach pier ) they have a good selection of Ron Romanosky kneeboards !! in far back left hand side near wetsuit repair. or contact Romo via website ( the site info is on ksusa main page ) he does custom's.. too. im riding a 6-0 Quad ,soft kneepad and handle..on right side only.. im from Palos Verdes.."Land of Left's !! so i can only go left...NOT !!! those Lis Fishes sound nice !! Perhaps have 'Romo take a look at it.. frog house Ph.# is 949 642 5690.. talk to Mikey or T.K. ( i beleave the initials stand for "Total Kook.. ha ha ha!! ) if your in oside give a e-mail.. welcome back..welcome back, welcome back !! dole5150/joel.....
badknees1

Me too!, frog

Post by badknees1 »

I am back to kneeeling too, Frog, and seeing very very few kneeriders in the water around the Bolsa/HB area but its probably the surf size and quality. Had to get a larger board too a 6'2 23 wide vs a 5'8 Wind n Sea fish single fin. Good luck and keep KBing.
Beeline2.0

Re: Me too!, frog

Post by Beeline2.0 »