FLASHPOINT

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

hart
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by hart »

:D

remember Brad..

Loose lips, sink ships

:lol:

either that, or they can maybe win a World Title (or two)

:!: :!:

surfers should ALWAYS look for the lip..it completes the package don't you think :?:

hart

gotta go..looks like some guy called AlumFrog is about to cop a thrashing in a White Rabbit thread..facinating :arrow:
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

jdc
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

nothing stays the same

Post by jdc »

internet chat, as such, can be useful!

however, A few emails and a phone conversation and one realises that it really is not a substitue for more direct communication and I can only :roll: and be mildly :oops: at some of my previous posts :!:

:arrow:

it with great pleasure that I am awaiting delivery of an excellent condition second hand 5'10" swallow tail thruster from the house of FLASHPOINT (ex Ross Dillion).

In the mix of the organisation was a very agreeable phone conversation with hart.

whilst not a custom, some research, experience and the above mentioned conversation went into my choice and I am really looking foward to punching 13th beach from top to bottom with this
board.

:D 8)

John aka jdc aka dorje
i like surfing
KEL

Post by KEL »

Hey John, thanks for revising this post (I have never seen this)....very interesting reading. Good luck with your flashie, I bet you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEL
hart

flashpoint

Post by hart »

:)

with over 60,000 hits now, its been well read huh :!:

it shows kneeboarders like to interact with the people who build them :?:

thx to both jdc and kel for showing continued interest in this thread and in my work

:D

hart

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

strudle

Post by strudle »

Had my flashie for a couple of months, and find it very smooth through turns on all parts of the wave. Would like to power it up a bit with some bigger fins on the outside. Did try some carbon ones from a mate but they felt dead. Probably too stiff. Any suggestions?
hart

Post by hart »

hey strudle :)

from memory I would say you are surfing with Al Merrick type #2 template FCS fins..

to power it up a touch..Why not add a full set of Occy's or even just amp the centre fin up to say an M7?

Carbon fins are stiff..and I am not a big fan of oversized railfins either..

So I would suggest incremental increase to the existing fin area you have, rather than a leap up to something that may in fact give more pivot than drive :idea:

hart

PM me if you need me to post something to you

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

GoonRider13
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by GoonRider13 »

Mr.Hart Is a man who cares. He knows what he's doing. He remembers what he's done. Im guessing that he downplays his accomplishments and gives his riders praise directed at him. One time I asked him a realy "out of left feild" Dumb question about one of his boards. He knew what board I was talking about,ansered my question. He added He was happy I had one of his boards in my quiver. He seems real humble and anyone thinking about haveing a board done by him....Proceed with confidence. I cant say enuff about this guy... So i'll shut up now!
Bruce, your a wealth of Knowledge. Im putting you on my list of "Living Legends who Kick Ass!! Oh yea and thanks for not kicking mine!! :oops:
Lower your standards Raise your average.
Negative Attention Is Still Attention