new future fin

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

new future fin

Post by surfhorn »

Future Fins Rasta Keel nominated for SIMA Image Award

Future Fins gets nominated for “Accessory Product” of the year

Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 24 March, 2008 : - - Product of the Year: The Dave Rastovich/Sea Shepherd Vector Keel fin; The Rasta Vector Keel fin is a classic template brought back and modernized with Futures high tech Vector foil and space aged RTM material.

Future Fins set the standard in collaboration between athlete (RASTA) and company to fight together for a noble cause and for all ocean enthusiasts. Future Fins recognizes that the ocean and all of its inhabitants need to be protected and that surfers should be the most evolved people when it comes to their ocean.

As a surfer, Dave Rastovich knows the importance of the ocean and all its inhabitants. Knowing this Rasta is donating 100% of his signature Vector Rasta Keel royalties to the Sea Shepard Conservation Society and Future Fins is matching it.

Future Fins won the category in 07 with the Vector Tech Foils” that are now a standard in surfboard manufacturing.

About Future Fins
The most technologically driven fin company in the world, Future Fins has been constantly developing and creating new technologies to increase the level of surfing for all surfers. Being the first in the surf industry to create the Vector Foil, Future Fins has since developed new technologies such as the Vector II, Vector 3/2, Vector 3/2/1, Scimitar, and has experimented with new innovative materials, especially materials dealing with flex. “Blending Technology and Experimentation with Proven Design”

www.futuresfins.com
www.seashepherd.org
kbing since plywood days
stu
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by stu »

I have been wondering how the V-Rasta keel fin would work on kneeboard has anyone had a go? I have tried to make a pair for a lokbox set up but I havn't had enough time to sort it out yet.
Stu
Best bit rediscovering my Knee's
skansand

Post by skansand »

i posted about this fin on the twinfins thread a while back..

... never used em but they look really cool. 80 bucks is alot of nuts for 2 fins but it does support a good cause so....

i know someone who uses slightly more fin as ozzie-tri sides and likes it...
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
balzig777
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

fins

Post by balzig777 »

keel fins draw long lines, the longer the base the harder it is to do tight turns, I like a narrow based more straight up posture in fins with a slightly wider tip, but thats my take on it and whats cool is that all designs have some mitigating factor, keep searching!
made on earth, if it aint you don't know where its made later..............balestar
RMcKnee

Post by RMcKnee »

Last edited by RMcKnee on Thu May 28, 2009 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
KenM

Post by KenM »

They're eco friendly, which means you pay more. :lol:
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Basically what your doing is making a contribution to the Sea Shepard Conservation Society, as well as paying for the fins. All the "royalties" legal definition needed here for the word, go to the SSCS. We all know "natural" in the food marketing sense, doesn't really mean natural, but I think they mean all the profits go to the SSCS. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
RMcKnee

Post by RMcKnee »

Last edited by RMcKnee on Thu May 28, 2009 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
stonefish
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

finshui

Post by stonefish »

keep experimenting with all types of fins and installation methods. a longer base does tend to lock onto a heading that only a heavywieght could turn so for me at 160 pounds ill stick to the twinfin with winglets that has hold and release on demand. im trying to post pics .
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Haven't seen this new fin, what are the dimensions????????
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

I ride a 5 fin round tail and my center fin is the one I change most, depending on wave conditions. I use a 4 1/4" for under 5 feet and then various fins when it gets bigger, depending if the face is big and flat or big and vertical.

I have a 6" flex fin I put in if I really want down-the-line speed on big freight train waves.
kbing since plywood days
stonefish

fin shui

Post by stonefish »

ill get the info about this fin system up soon. specifically designed for kneeriding but the different models work great for longboards and shortboards, windsurfers etc.
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

sorry to but in

as far as longer bases stiffening the turn goes, that's right at the beginning of the turn, but as you get her (ie the female board ) up on the rail its the amount of rake and area in the tip that'll stiffen the outside and the middle fins.

you can never discount the effect that the outside fin/s in a quad/tri/twinnie is having on a turn while it's in the water

as far as typical traditional keels, somemtimes the water jumps over them (or the board jumps over the water :) ) and the board is suddenly veeery looose...

I guess that's why people tend to wack them as close to the tail as they dare
stonefish

fin shui

Post by stonefish »

it is true what you say about the traditional keel. tracking and turning issues are at the mercy of speed , talent of rider, and compatibility of fin set up and tail rail design. im getting the photos of this twinfin set up so i can get your guys thoughts. stay tubed.
GRAYMAN

Post by GRAYMAN »

Difficult to make these well I'd say. WOuld love to stry a set in Lokbox. I'm a sucker for a wing fin!

G