18 Holes with a Mako

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

ted torrey
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by ted torrey »

RI in the winter is purty cold but good waves. I would be happy to have you come on up. There a lot of choices in a small area. I will keep you posted. Do you use swellinfo.com? It's usually right on with forcasts. Let me know when you are available.
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Dr. H. Thompson
GRAYMAN
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by GRAYMAN »

skansand wrote:my friends bodyboard has 1/4" dimples all over the bottom of his board...its a no.6 BB, very high end....

i feel i can get into waves easier with this board and delayed bottom turns are a blast! The dimple bottom loads up and recoils fast...
Yeah I've ridden said set-up sponging but have to say, I really didn't notics any difference when compared to the difference a decent set of channels makes.

Someone mentioned the beaded laquer finish. Wasn't that called "Pro-Speed" for a bit? Made no difference for me. I've always been of the opinion that a rough randon sand job (that's SAND job) is best.

Gotta say though, with a finish we've got to be talking fractions of units of difference haven't we? So difficult to objectively judge with all the variables involved.

G