Deleted messages

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Terence H
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Deleted messages

Post by Terence H »

Hello as somebody who has only recently discovered the KSUSA website ,i am going back through all the old KB design posts to glean as much info as possible before i order my new board.
But i find a lot of posts have been deleted , i assume by the poster , somebody going by the name Beeline and others has deleted many of what i would assumed been quite informative posts , why would this be ?

Regards
Terence Hogben
Durban
(still Easterly and awful)
Terence H

Post by Terence H »

Capt i am the self crowned King of Google so am finding and finding.

Dr Red has been very helpful , interesting journey he is on ,deciding his own fate regards board design.

And thanks all for the tips i extract from your posts.

Was happy with my board for years but not so sure now.

I must be careful when posting after 3 glasses of good South African red wine ,what are you you to do when the surf has sucked for about 2 weeks now.

Tnks
Terence
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Terence,

What Captain is referring to is some history with Beeline on other sites like Swaylocks. I didn't really follow that much, but obviously did on this site.

Your assumption is correct, for the record. Bee deleted his own. He also left, and was not asked to leave.

There were definitely some tensions, probably evident in some of the other posts that remained.

I'm sure there's a spectrum of opinions on that deletion move, but, IMHO, it would have been nice to have kept the posts and found a way to keep him engaged.

Captn's also right about chasing down Bee on the internet... he's probably out there somewhere if your interested. I'm not sure what his Swaylock's status is, but that's the first place I'd check.

I've surfed with Bee a few times, and, as always, don't like it when there's distance within the tribe.

Hope you find the design 411 useful.

Cheers,
SFK
Terence H

Post by Terence H »

SFKneelo yes the design 411 is very useful thank you.
Otherwise i would left ordering another board very similar to what i have now ,instead i am going to be taking a leap forward with a advanced new board , and looking forward to a Southern hemisphere winter.

Regards
Terence
rooster
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by rooster »

[quote="Terence H"]Capt i am the self crowned King of Google so am finding and finding.

Dr Red has been very helpful , interesting journey he is on ,deciding his own fate regards board design.

And thanks all for the tips i extract from your posts.

Was happy with my board for years but not so sure now.

I must be careful when posting after 3 glasses of good South African red wine ,what are you you to do when the surf has sucked for about 2 weeks now.

Tnks
Terence[/quote]I wouldn't worry about posting after 3 glasses of wine, :wink: surf has been off here for about a week and getting slammed by a storm :cry: Cant work in the rain so I get online early but don't really get seriously posting/drinking till just after noon :D
Terence H

Post by Terence H »

Hey Rooster i am excused it is the evening here ,and durn the bottle is finished.

Regards
Terence
rooster

Post by rooster »

Sounds like it is time to pop the cork on another :lol: 9:00 am here and windy/rainy. Good news is, dumping snow up in the mountains :D might spend the day tuning up my skis :wink:
Terence H

Post by Terence H »

And here i thought there could be no advantage being in a Northern hemisphere winter ,to find snow here is quite tricky usually means trekking to the Lesotho mountains.

Nearly mid summer here and looking forward to a dusty 4x4 day in Kwazulu- Natal come Saturday.

Still as soon as there are waves i am there ,not much work for me at this time of the year any way. :)

Regards
Terence