evolution

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

crippler
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by crippler »

Hell budgie more insults to others equipment.Well if we`re being honest,you talk of thickness your are not 2 1/4 non of them they are thick mine and albert are just sit you board next to one next comp and see the difference.your boards are way too wide 24 you insult others volume i don`t no any of the top kneelo`s anywhere near that wide,maybe thats why they turn like a mal,as for this ridiculous one board for 1ft to 10 ft ha thats hilarious spoken like a man that has never surfed ten ft waves.when this mighty world changing board ever appears i`ll take 2.Instead of insulting others equipment try riding them learning from there riders and discussing design.or maybe even having involvement in your own boards rather than throwing dimensions at someone who has never seen you surf.
Your the only person on this site insulting others and there equipment which is strange as you boards and surfin have gone backwards over the last few years!ps just let me know when you wanna go surf some ten footers on one of your boards i`ll pick you up and get someone to film then maybe you`ll se how far off that dream is. :lol:
budgie
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by budgie »

Any time crippler.

Ask Simon Farrer about the size at Raglan 2 days before the Worlds.

He is a credible witness!

I was there, even though no pics of me to to prove it! Great one of MJ

See link album_showpage.php?pic_id=19976

Ask MJ about the size at Bells 1 week before Coffs contest.

I was there, even though no pics to prove it!

Ask the guys at Coffs about the size of the waves, same board at Bells.

I was there, in the small waves, pics to prove it!

As far as insulting people on this website, well Ive never been known to have tact.

And actually +ve change has come about from my tactless rants on this site.

I SAY IT AS I SEE IT

And MY OPINION is that too many are riding too long and too thick.

A far as width goes, Yes others ride narrower, I prefer wide.

And by the way I think you need to write what you want to say in a word processing document, use SPELL CHECK then paste the doc into the forum, coz it is hard to read and understand what you are trying to say.

OOPs re reading your input you need more than spell check

Crippler where are you in the world?

Because I am more than happy to have a free surf with you to prove to you that I am the KOOK you say I am.

While I am at,

the golfing equipment analogy does not work with surfing equipment
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

:D
Last edited by Stanley on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
halbs

Evolution

Post by halbs »

Not sure what all of this thread is really getting at but thought I should lay my cards on the table...
I am taking four boards to Indonesia in two weeks, all of them aesthetically pleasing infact damn good looking, all different sizes, three different tail shapes and all with a purpose.

And next year when I travel west I will have five boards on the rack!
getting there is often as good as getting there
KenM
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by KenM »

Eeeesh Halbsy, 5 boards? You need a caddy? :lol:
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

There was something in the papers this morning re: someones theory that the cro-magnums wiped out the neanderthals.....er...not that kind of evolution sorry lost track of the thread there ?????
Doc Turbo

Re: Evolution

Post by Doc Turbo »

halbs wrote:Not sure what all of this thread is really getting at but thought I should lay my cards on the table...
I am taking four boards to Indonesia in two weeks, all of them aesthetically pleasing infact damn good looking, all different sizes, three different tail shapes and all with a purpose.

And next year when I travel west I will have five boards on the rack!

HALBS four boards?
Hmmm and if you decide to leave some boards behind here, well I could care for them nicely :)
budgie

Post by budgie »

Thankyou Wolruss, at least you are on the right thread of this forum

EVOLUTION.

What does my or anyone elses children have to do with KNEEBOARD EVOLUTION,

Beats me!

I have a particular point of View and I am going to voice it.

I can surf the one 5ft 8in x 24in board in 1ft waves or 10 ft plus waves and I really dont need to prove to one that it is possible.

WHY ?

Because it can be done, and MJ does it all the time too, he has some of the biggest balls when it comes to big waves and despite looking like the Kooky accountant can ride the same board in all sorts of conditions too .

As far as giving boards a go........... how can riding the same shape, a 5ft 8in x 24in rounded square fo 25years + be not giving boards a go, see link ..........

album_showpage.php?pic_id=21898

yes I do experiment with other shapes, outlines, rockers and fins, but I alway verify with OLD FAITHFULS that are tried and tested.

This is a forum on evolution of kneeboards. Those interested love to hear opinions and ideas.
Stanley

Post by Stanley »

:D
Last edited by Stanley on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Good point, Kneemo.

Been asleep at the wheel.

The topic is Evolution of Kneeboarding (Design forum, no less)

Please keep thread this on topic.

Also, please refer to the Mission: viewtopic.php?t=3786
KenM

Post by KenM »

Cappy, that video is surfing at it's finest.
Johnboy Walton

Post by Johnboy Walton »

budgie wrote:As far as giving boards a go........... how can riding the same shape, a 5ft 8in x 24in rounded square fo 25years + be not giving boards a go, see link ..........
can you please explain how having riden the same boards for 25years relates to evolution? could it be that you've reached a 'deadend' in terms of your kneeboard design evolution?

also, is 10ft the new wave standard by which all kneeboard performance should measured? if so, please explain - you've mentioned it quite a bit in your posts. can I go left or right? how thick/hollow should they be? must they only be reefs, or can I surf beachies too? (cause I quite like them sometimes and would hate to give them up) what sort of hair style do I need? I don't have much so this could be difficult to change.

I would also like to join in the kneeboard lessons Stanley has requested.
crippler

Post by crippler »

never said you where a kook budgie infact i think your a damn fine surfer just wanted to see your reaction if i took the same tactless attitude towards you and ya boards as you do with others, And hopefully you now have experienced that feeling, it sucks to be told what you think is invalid hey, ride what ya like and enjoy every minute just respect the opinions of others,apologies my spelling is not up to scratch i never meant to offend the more academic members of the forum :lol: ps there`s a big difference in riding ten foot and really surfing it and 5` 8 aint up to it mate sorry.nice shot of mj at manu maybe we have a difference in our ten foot scale.i`d ride that size on a normal board too,

Can any of the guys in the states help? I`ve just shaped a new board and want to try a quad for the first time and after watching barry and tom in new zealand i would like to try a similar fin setup as opposed to the fins hugging the rail,can anyone lend some advice as to fin placements?cheers
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

I can think of a lot of guys who can ride a 5'8" kneeboard very well in 10 foot surf.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

like Greg Holzman :idea:
None rich, none poor. Everyone happy.