'Out the Back' Kneeboards?

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

lowrider
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

'Out the Back' Kneeboards?

Post by lowrider »

While watching the idiot box last weekend an ad comes on for
Out the Back surfboards, based here on the Sunshine Coast; seems they do a range of kneeboards.
Not sure where they originate; Taiwan?
Here's a quote from their website:

'Kneeboard High Performance. A customised hand made board new to our range for 09. Currently being trialed. Boards are made with our exclusive XCOMB Epoxy Sandwich for an even stronger, more durable ride. All boards come in a 5 fin combination so surfer can set the board up how they like. Boards come complete with "Squid" deck pads. All fin boxes are compatible with FCS fins.'

http://www.outhebacksurfboards.com
Price $650

Uhh... this post reads like an ad :oops: Not intended as an endorsment!

Anyone know more?
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Hey Lowrider, didn't Col the Treeman ride one of these at one the Wind'n'sea pointscore - & rip the fins out, riding it into the rocks....not sure of the details, Col imparted some of the story in between laughing and drinking rum the story got a bit hazey (as did we).

Cheers Wolruss
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Hey Andy

You had better get along to one of our get togethers. Andrew who brings in Outheback boards is a WindansSea member and naturally he rides one. We were going to run our pointscore last Sunday but the waves were a good size and there was no way you could score -breaking way out at Moffats with the sun in your eyes. So we just surfed.

The boards seem to go well. Peter H who enjoys big Moffs rides one and is still surfing well. Few of the guys have tried them and reported favourably. Andrew is happy to bring a few along even knowing our members are quite skilled at knocking out fins on turtles, reef, mals and each other!

Russ, even saw Col get a beauty (on his Parkes).
Shelfbreak
lowrider

Post by lowrider »

:D Cheers Anthony,
I'll crawl out from under my rock one of these days
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Hey Lowrider & Shelfbreak, you guys coming down to Coffs ?? I know Col has decided against it and Daryl isn't real sure - be good to see some Queenslanders down 'Mexico' way...and at the risk of copping it from you guys if you come down.......(color=blue]GO THE COCKROACHES[/color]...
hopefully we can get 1 off you guys...

Cheers Wolruss
wanderer
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by wanderer »

i have ridden the 6'2" and the 6' boards
i was impressed by their finish & they paddled well.
the honycombe matt is hard & does not seem to receive
the deck shatters that regular glass boards suffer from
the 6'2" board was my pick set up as a 4 fin though i would have
liked to play around with more fin combinations
its always good to try any boards that you can get your hands on
who knows when you might find that magic combo
scott
austo

Post by austo »

They look a little parallel in the rails just looking at the pics on the website, can any one verify how the shapes compare to todays custom shapes. I think this method of construction is very hit and miss(especially if made overseas) all of my Stand up mates have this mass produced style board in their quivers, some appear to be tough as nails others have literally fallen apart at the seems for no real reason other than everyday surfing.
It is nice to see that the main stream market is getting kbs out on the racks in surf shops at a pretty good price for Joe Public to see and perhaps even have a go :shock:
Kneelos do it deeper
mark ricketts

out the back

Post by mark ricketts »

shelfbreak - me and another guy on a flashie were grinning our heads off at carties on sunday morning wondering where all the kneelo's were. Moff's it seems. It looked very solid....

Carties was off its tits...lots of sand.....checked it Monday and it was blown out - went home and then saw the photos of the bar...aaaarrrgghhh.
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Hi Mark

I think there were 8 of us in the water at one stage, with wanderer out injured and Feral Mick taking a few photos before getting wet. Some good size sets.

Pleased to hear you got Carties in good shape, might have been big Nick on the flashpoint.

Had a late surf at Kings yesterday, only small but the water temp seems to have dropped since the weekend.
Shelfbreak