Innegra cloth

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

ss54
Local (More than 25 post)

Innegra cloth

Post by ss54 »

Just a question to Bruce Hart,If he's used any of the new Innegra cloth,available through Colon in Aust.Being a Flexspoon rider & builder,this,for me, is the most exciting development since Carbon came onto the market.
Flex-It's all about "how it feels"
Man O' War
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Man O' War »

Bruce & co., ss graciously got me going on this too. he's talking about this:

http://business.transworld.net/press-re ... struction/

stronger and lighter than carbon, and $10/yd??? somebody pinch me

Call Absecon Mills (New Jersey) 609-965-7067. You'll get Bill Spano, their weaver, extremely friendly guy. If you're honest with him about what you want to do, he'll probably set you up with a "sample", i.e., FREE CLOTH, whatever you need for the job. The material's so new it's in this sample phase, so move!

You can also get Bill at bspano@absecon.com

If you have technical questions about weaves & weights, he'll put you in touch with Scott, their composites pro.

Innegra works with Greg Loehr's epoxy, "Resin Research." too good to be true
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

I emailed bill, onto it, sounds unreal
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
skansand

Post by skansand »

stoked to read about that stuff! ID be interested in finding some here in Cali....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
ss54

Innegra cloth

Post by ss54 »

In reply to sandnska. . . as MOW stated,it's SO NEW you have to source samples from the makers,IT"S NOT A MAINSTREAM PRODUCT as yet. . .so don't just sit there waiting,do as MOW & get onto the makers,& you may just get a sample,"gratius".
Thats what they are offering,just hope their generosity extends to 15yds for a flex-spoon & new removable fin. . .
A new & exciting product for all the lovers of flex.
p.s in the publicity they were at a Composite Expo in the States,a few months ago,& show a F250 drive over a board glassed with Innegra & it handled it,no problems!!!
Hope it's as good as it seems,
Flex-It's all about "how it feels"
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

skansand, you're in luck. scroll down the article. you've got graphite masters right there.
Graphite Master; Hank Johns 760-917-1107; hjohns@graphitemaster.com, Justin Fassnacht 714-615-9882 justin@graphitemaster.com 3815 Medford Street, Los Angeles, CA 90063; (323) 261-1107 fax (323) 261-4813 Graphite Master is your single source for all fiberglass and advanced composites for surfboards, kayaks, boats, marine and sport applications, industrial, aircraft and more. Graphite Master distributes complimentary INNEGRA surf system materials: Resin Research Epoxy , Aerialite and X-GLASS
did you say "complimentary" :shock:
RMcKnee

oops

Post by RMcKnee »

Somebody orter explain to Graphite Master the difference between complimentary and complementary.
skansand

Post by skansand »

Thanks MOW, Dont know how i missed that.. :oops: ....I wanna get some and use it to wrap the rails on my next board, like what some shapers are doing with carbon fiber......
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon