Board advice

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Huntington State
Local (More than 25 post)

Board advice

Post by Huntington State »

I have a 5'8" fish that Iv'e been riding for 30 years...The board still performs well although it does side slip or loses its edge when I push into my turns..especially if I try and go straight down the face and try and punch off a hard bottom turn....Any suggestions on a type of board design I might concider ?
Bud
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Bud »

Try one of my BLAST F2K Fish designs.

It'd be easy to adapt to, after riding that type of board and easier all around.
They are a natural fit to folks who've been riding fish designs for many years.
The F2K has got a great blend of speed and maneuverability without feeling squirrely.

Send me a PM here or email me with your specs, i.e. height and weight, and I'll give you details on how to get one.
I have a couple beauties in stock now suited to the waves in your area.

Aloha,
Bud
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I will attest to Bud's Blast's. I can also go vert and hit the lip on the wave anytime I want without sliding. I may not make it :lol: but the board will do it. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

If you have a fish that side-slips or cannot crank off the bottom, something is definitely wrong...does it have the keel-type fins? If not, there's your problem. If so, the problem is likely the placement of the fins.

But you probably can't go wrong with Bud's suggestion.
Hoppo

Post by Hoppo »

Go with Bud's F2K if you like the fish design. Bottom turns ??? No problem ... Check the photo album pic of Bud cranking. :shock:
TC

Post by TC »

Just curious if anyone has any feedback on Parks quad fish. Been looking at it for future and would love some first hand info. Cheers TC :lol:
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

You're on the target, Captain. The ultimate John Mel fish design (for me...even though I'm a single/thruster guy) is 5'5" long.
kbing since plywood days
crippler

Post by crippler »

if you like the thrill of a fading takeoff to a long accelerating bottom that will go more vert than most surfers can handle including me i don`t reckon you beat a squashed up rounded pin thruster refer to simon and gav
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

TC wrote
Just curious if anyone has any feedback on Parks quad fish. Been looking at it for future and would love some first hand info. Cheers TC
Sure I have had a couple of boards off David, rounded pins and fish.

The fish are great for flattish full waves if you want to write your name all over them and dot the 'i's (eyes).

The rounded pins go more vertical and let you stay in the pocket slightly better.

Depends on the width of the tail of the fish I think.

Thing about quads and twinnies and fish is that the points of the fish work as an extension to the fins if you ride them correctly. They act as another part of the power base of your board.

if you get my meaning ;)

the rounded pin adds more planshape and lets you drop the rocker a wee bit.

Less rocker gives easier paddling, more speed on the wave itself and, if you take it far enough, an edgier ride.