Another old timer needs update

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

PAINTERMAN
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Another old timer needs update

Post by PAINTERMAN »

Have just about gotten the kids to a point where I can get some me time.
Have had the same board for way to long. I live in the los angeles area but shops around here are not much help. I could use some updates on board design and resources for a new board. Finding someone locally would be great but I'm willing to travel. My current board is a tri fin 6'0" x 22". It's been a joy to ride. My surfing is priimarly breach breaks. My specs are: 6'0", 190lb.
One other thing, recently while on the web I came across a site called Shinfin. (www.shinfin.com) Here I saw for the first time these strap on fins that basically attach to your shin. Has anyone heard of or have any feedback.
Looking for any and all responses.
Thanks Much
wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

G'day Painterman,
Shinfins have been a point of discussion previously in one of these forums (not sure which one-let you do the detective work) I'm pretty sure they were'nt suitable for kneeboarding though.
On the subject of updating your stick, there's plenty of avenues on this site for you to roam but as for local advice, you'll probably get quite a bit as there are a lot of knowledgeable kneeboarders in your part of the world.
Beware a couple of trolls on this site (won't be hard to spot) don't let any negativity cloud this wonderfully globaly knowledgeable site.
Knowledgeable's the word of the day :roll: :roll: enjoy the stoke that this site'll bring you.

Cheers Wolruss
Scott

Post by Scott »

There was a brief thread on the Shinfins that morphed into a discussion of various fin types (a madly popular topic on this site!):

viewtopic.php?t=1310&highlight=shinfins
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Jeff
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Jeff »

Painterman

I live in Culver City as well and might be able to help you out with the board. Send me a pm

Jeff
PAINTERMAN

Re:sc

Post by PAINTERMAN »

CaptKneemo wrote:Woo Hoooo! its always great to have someone to rejoin the family. hope you have fun on your new readventure.... :)
Very impressed with the responses. Its a good to sence the prensence of the kneeboarding community. Perhaps our paths will cross. Thanks CapKneemo.
Painterman
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

Welcome aboard, Painterman...could always use another kneeboader out in the water to represent. 8)

Ummmmm....stay away from the Shinfins, dude. You're better off with no fins at all. :wink:
"So if you want to kneeboard, find the hollowest waves you can, ride as short of a board as possible and go fast and deep. If you want to slip and slide, twist and jerk, go for air then stand up and do it. Let’s keep kneeboarding sacred."
-Bird Huffman
gumby

Post by gumby »

Painterman
May I suggest getting down to the KSUSA contest. 28th to 30 of January. This is our big deal. Show up for the raffel in the evening Have a beer get to know the brothers. Check out the boards and how much fun and stoke there is for our sport. :D
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
frog

Post by frog »

Hola mi amgio,
Good to have you back! As Gumby said come down to the contest. Meet your fellow kneeboarder's. I did last this year in Santa Cruz and WON a board in the raffle!!! Best $2 buck I ever spent! :lol: 5"8"x 23" Round Pin Quad "Blast Kneebaord from Hawaii" Am still smiling everytime I ride!!!

I found this site like you looking for a board. Now I have a sled full of them! As far a board I think I help you out. PM me. I have a few boards I bought from on this site! Thanks Capt.! What up!!! Mi amgio? 8) You will find many boards to chose from on this site. I did!! And helpful group fellow kneeboarder. I had a pleasure to meet and share a few waves with.

Good Luck...Our long lost Fellow Kneeboarder.
Frog

May your winds blow a consisted offshore!!!!
gumby

Post by gumby »

$2 Blast..... :D :twisted: 8) that alone is a reason to show up :idea:
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig