New to kneeboarding

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Brad103
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Brad103 »

East pier :D , this weekend look like it is going to pump!!! The banks are really good at the moment, but it is so gnaRLY, at low tide it can suck up to only waist(on spring tide) over the bank. It sucks when you get munched by a solid 6 footer and chow on the sand :shock: One day, seven boards were snapped, thats an indication of how heavy this place can be. :D There are 3 other kneelos in Port Alfred Antom, Steve and Cliffie. Dalton Phillips lives in Port Alfred but he was in a tragic car accident from the waist down :( My Uncle Clinton Bradfield(who has passed away :( ) was a local here as well, he won S.A Champs, and he was award Springbok Colours for kneeboarding. East Pier is well worth the drive when its firing, you should trek over here sometime :D
Cheers
Brad
Port Alfred is the place to be
Andy
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Andy »

Sorry to hear about yr uncle - i never met him - but I remember Dalton well, I surfed a lot with him back in the day when he was living in Ctn...he was $%^ hot - probably the only guy who had the raw talent to take Gigs down, which he did on the odd occasion, winning SA champs if I remember correctly!

Hope you get waves, Im off to E Bay, havent surfed since late March :cry: so Im amped to get back in the water.... :D
Brad103

Post by Brad103 »

ya Dalton fully rips :D but unfortunately he was in a car accident and he is now paralyzed from the waist down :( he is a legend though...enjoy E-bay. the forecast still looking good 8)
Cheers for now
Brad
Port Alfred is the place to be