Board for S.A winter

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Brad103
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Board for S.A winter

Post by Brad103 »

Howzit everyone

I am Brad Labuschagne , I live in Port Alfred South Africa :) The waves are powerful and hollow. I am 15 years old and weigh +-72kg, what tail would be nice for a lot of speed andgood turning on 7-8ft waves?? even 5-6ft waves?? All your comments will be truly appreciated :D

Regards
Brad
Port Alfred is the place to be
Andy
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Andy »

howzit brad

unfortunately for you your questions are probably going to get answered in a variety of confusing ways ! :roll: There is literally tons of info on this site, but I reckon you gotta drill thru it and try to figure out what could work for you. try some different boards if you can get hold of some.
You want a medium length board maybe 5'10" or so, 22.5 wide and nice thin rails. fins fairly far up the board , fcs or whatever so you can experiment with differnt fin combos...

i reckon only once youve "fooled around" on a variety of boards if possible should you start to try and focus in on what would be the best board for your style, then its a gradual progressive evolution to improve both your ability and your board...that could take a lifetime :lol:
Brad103

Post by Brad103 »

I understand what you mean Andy, that board you described sounds pretty sick :) ya I will spend some time riding different boards, to see which board suites me best.. :)

kind regards
Brad
KenM
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by KenM »

Brad, did you see the pics TimM just posted of his new round pin quad, made in SA? Looks pretty nice.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Green Acres is the place to be.
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by Brad103 »

Shot, I will take a look at that :wink: :D