Future or FCS...need help

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Huntington State
Local (More than 25 post)

Future or FCS...need help

Post by Huntington State »

Im about to put fins in my 1st home made board.... because of the availability of fin selections, I'm going with either FCS or Future and I need some help....with FCS, their boxs that are set to whatever Cant angle you want to install where Future has the inserts that you can change out so you can play with different Cant angles ....Whats your take on these 2 systems...also If I do go with FCS...what Cant angle would you recommend I go with as this is all new to me when it comes to this stuff
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

If u go fcs use the fusion plug sets they r an all in one much stronger also you glass over and sand back try 5deg unless your board is for short punchy A frames
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Huntington State

Post by Huntington State »

I was looking at these fusions today on their website..looks to be the go to for me....since my board is already glassed I guess it will be like a ding repair?...you say 5 deg....cool...its a Trifin so whats your recomendation on the side fins and ceneter fin?...thanks for the info
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

depends what type of surf try a set of performance core stretch good small to medium wave fin but they will be fine in bigger stuff if you can afford 2 sets get a set of PC 5's as well, smaller fin, work better in big stuff
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!