Contacting Deets/UDT DUCK FEET

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

kneelingBROTHA
Legend (Contribution King!)

Contacting Deets/UDT DUCK FEET

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

Hi. I was wondering if anybody knew how to get ahold of Greg Deets for a new pair of UDTs. I have the all black and was thinking about the marbled pair. He said awhile back he was having trouble with his email address and I believe he changed his main business email address.

Does anybody know his current email? Thanks!

And no, unless I'm surfing 30 foot Mavericks (yeah, right) I won't be using these for kneeboarding--I need a pair for shooting water shots.
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

Hey Kbro, my experience with Deets was excellent. A few years ago I called and ordered a pair of XXL marbled. He was very friendly. The number at that time was (818) 845-8749 and the mailing address was 417 Center St, El Segundo CA 90245. I sent a $50 money order and the fins were back in days. He even comped me a pair of XLs for publicity purposes which, as you can see, worked.

Be warned: they may be hard on your feet -- i would use them with booties, so order them a size too large.
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

Hey Mark, it's Marc! I hope all is well with you!

Thanks for the info--much appreciated! I'm probably going to get another pair of fins from him. The cell # is very helpful. Thanks dude!
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Good luck, my experience with trying to buy those fins was terrible. Twice I tried to buy two pairs of fins, called and emailed and never received any replies. I do tire of begging small businessmen to accept my money.
Fossil Man
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

the elusive UDT Duck foot

Post by Fossil Man »

Aloha C.P. and other interested "fin hunters". Successfully scored the new blue / black marbled UDT fin from Sports Unlimited , 800 693-6368 or http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/voit- ... -fins.html They were $ 69 and got em right out in the door within about a day , offer i think UPS shipping only. Note for sizing, I'd heard stories about UDTs being tough to call, I wear a size 11 shoe , the UDT size Large fits ok ( ever so slightly loose) with an average flipper slipper. With a reasonable thickness bootie would likely be perfect,...the extra large, not too different,blade 1/2" longer and foot pocket just a bit bigger, would fit my foot with a cold water dive bootie. Hope this helps.

Robert
Kneeboarding since 1976; always searching for the ultimate sled, always in awe and grateful for the work of master craftsmen, Romanosky, Frye, Cleary, Mc Cray, Timpone, Ballestar, Minami, Hart.