Island "freak" quad conversion

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

austo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Island "freak" quad conversion

Post by austo »

I am cosidering putting a set of plugs into a Neil Luke freak tri..Not knowing all that much about fin placement firstly is it just a case of putting some trailer fins behind the rail fins?. Acording to Neils website he can do the freak design in a quad,but I'm wondering if the fin cluster is a whole different ball game when he shapes a quad.
Any one out there riding a Freak quad?.
I think the rail fins are set at 18" on the tri, so from this where would I set the trailers?
i have only ever ridden tri fins (with the exception of my old FT 4 fin slab back in theday) and am keen to experiment with riding one.
The other thing is I'm running speed fins in the board and they are now pretty much obsolete so will be fitting FCS plugs..any ideas on trailer fin sizes would help.
Any input appreciated.
Kneelos do it deeper
albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by albert »

Austo,

Best advice I can give you is to give Neil a ring and have a chat to him about what you want to do. Shapers are known to have their own favourite fin placements for tri and quad, and have had the luxury of experimenting with many configurations to find out what works best given the large number of variables you can tweak when it comes to fin placement.

I dont have Neil's contact info but Im sure someone here would be able to get it for you.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Austo/Albert, isn't Neil working out of Dave Parkes's factory in Byron ??
If so perhaps getting on Daves site and use Dave's contact Ph No. from there. :)
dua anjing

Post by dua anjing »

Extract from KSV Newsletter
"I am living and working in Byron Bay and have had some great surfs with Parksey. Lennox has been cooking! For all your kneeboard requirements please contact Neil Luke at website: www.neillukekneeboards.com"

I have his email address also PM if you want it. A lot of people seemto hide email address's on forums so I removed his PM me if you want it.
I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.
KenM

Post by KenM »

Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by austo »

Cheers guys thought it would be best to contact him but just thought I'd see if there was any other input..Dua will PM you for email address. :)
Kneelos do it deeper