Something interesting

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

waka
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Something interesting

Post by waka »

Well I find this interesting......

8)

and a comment from Cher Pendarvis

Hi, I hope this is helpful. There are errors in the description of this video. This information has been around for some time.

But the truth is: The paipo was used by everyone if they wanted to ride prone, and then later some rode standing in the 50s. The early Hawaiians also made small hand-boards out of scraps of wood. Hawaiian friends who really know their old history and can read Hawaiian language tell about their ancestors riding boards according to the conditions and not according to class structure. Paipos and alaias were ridden not by commoners but by everyone for certain kinds of waves and desire of riding style.

The heavier longer Olos were not ridden just by royalty, but by people who wanted to ride them, and they were also used to paddle and transport from place to place. There are many different kinds and names of boards and many of them have not been talked about much. Warm Aloha, Cher

A interview with Paul Witzig....

http://mypaipoboards.org/interviews/Pau ... 0813.shtml
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
stevea
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Well i find this interesting

Post by stevea »

Well Waka so do i ,thanks heaps for the links watched every video and then stoked to read the Witzig interview
Ive had a few glassed bodyboards over various injury periods and loved them all ,never thought of horns to steer em but ive got just the board to recycle into a prone surf toy