Maybe it's the season, but what do you think?

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

ezak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by ezak »

The shaper, Brian Hilbers has his own line of boards you may know.

Fineline surfboards

Shapes hulls very well.
surf with soul
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Yup! I went searching when I saw the shape.

But, I've never ridden one, and yet that form is really interesting.

What's the ride like?
ezak

Post by ezak »

To be honest, I've never ridden one of his kneeboards. But a buddy of mine has a few paipos really close to that shape, and a couple Brian made. Those I have tried, and they were fun! Very "glidey" feel, boards responded to even subtle movements, and liked going to the pocket.
surf with soul
Casey Patelski

Post by Casey Patelski »

Symetrical top and bottom rails? Weird thickness profile, Fins back? Stand up only. Try a Blast stub vector in semi mush and you'll be a believer for less $.
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

SF I know a guy who shapes boards like this except wider and thicker for less$. I'm going to give one a try soon.
http://forhumansbyhumans.blogspot.com/2 ... -nose.html
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Thanks for the tips!

Mike's link:
(Check out that board...)

"Fish, kneeboard, body board, gemini, convertor, mini-simmons, simster, tomo, wakeboard, bonzer inspired; blunt-nosed, double bump, rounded square tail, downed rail, dome deck, channel bottom, rapid releaser hatchet keel with center fin option stand up surf board. Oh yeah, and its got a little airbrush too."

Wild! 8)
slucepan
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by slucepan »

Isn't a krozier slab sort of a simmons type shape with the tail and ma be the nose pulled in a bit? :wink:
Keep the stoke and may all of the waves in your life line up like corduroy.
Surfboard a collection of agreeable trade off's moving in one direction.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

hey mike, i've got a travel board in my head i'm going to make shortly, and it was going to be a blunt nose kinda like that one on your link. Mainly so i could keep a straighter rail line while keeping the whole thing short for easy traveling. Trying to keep it under 5'... hoping for a minimum of 4'6" x 22 :)) multiple fin positions as well i'll post pics of course
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Scott

Post by Scott »

I imagine if you have a square hard shell case for a surfboard under 5', it wouldn't even be charged as a surfboard--would save you a ton of $.
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

analbirth wrote:hey mike, i've got a travel board in my head i'm going to make shortly, and it was going to be a blunt nose kinda like that one on your link. Mainly so i could keep a straighter rail line while keeping the whole thing short for easy traveling. Trying to keep it under 5'... hoping for a minimum of 4'6" x 22 :)) multiple fin positions as well i'll post pics of course
Is there a discount on airlines for small boards? Although with Quantas and ANZ there are no fees. I saw a 4'11" board today, 23 wide, 3" thick. Displaced hull, I dig those. A guy our size was standing on it. Wasn't a square nose though. Keep you posted. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

Its not just for airlines. Also for train or bus travel where some rail co. Wont let you take large items. And yeah scott i was thinking about a hardshell case as well. But probably a double thickness soft cover with shoulder straps like bodyboard covers. Short board - less weight.
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Rocky Point/Black Rock