Anyone making their own boards?

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Anyone making their own boards?

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Attachments
FirstHomeShapedBoard.jpg
1st of a String of my own garage shaped/glassed boards.
(15.41 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Sprocky made this army green thing we call the PICKLE. It is 6'2", 25" wide, and has a big single sail fin. I would say it is a piece of crap, but the sad thing is that I RIP ON IT! Not to mention it scares the hell out of the pack when you paddle out.
He has a pic somewhere.
Last edited by eqKneelo on Wed May 21, 2003 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

Super Ed- I laughed so hard at your post. I'm bringing an ironing board to the next gathering. I want to see if you can rip on that too!
Sprocky
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Sprocky »

Here's the Pickle. Hand shaped and glassed on our coffee table one Winter Break back in college when my roommate was away. Took it out for a quick spay paint color job when the rain slacked off, and got caught out half way through. It orginally had a square tail, which didn't work as expected, but I quickly fixed that with a hack saw. It was a single fin for years, and then when I saw the Aussie style boards, I scavenged some FCS plugs from a victim of the '96 El Niño winter, popped those in, and now it's a tri fin. Still ride it every once in a while. Gets my vote for the ugliest board ever.
Attachments
pickle.jpg
(12.9 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

I swear to God Tom, I could win a world title on this...or invade a small country. The bottom is even uglier than the top.