FCS sugestions?

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

El Kneelo
Local (More than 25 post)

FCS sugestions?

Post by El Kneelo »

I'm fully stoked I got my new board from James at K58. I'm used to a twin with channels. I decided to go with the FCS 5 system. I'm having fun dialing it in. I love the looseness of the twin, but w/o channels it squirrels out on the bottom, in quad mode, it tracks. Thruster - a little tight. I was thinking of putting Knubsters in my rears? Or maybe run an MR twin with a single Knubster? Has anyone tried this? What are some other ideas?
Ian
El Kneelo

Re: FCS sugestions?

Post by El Kneelo »

Well, I finnaly was able to surf the Twin-w/ Knubster rears in something other than mush! It didn't squirrel on the bottom and I was able to pivot off the top. Next, I'm going to try running the knubsters backwards as rears (Try to get it a little looser)
El Kneelo

Post by El Kneelo »

Well, using knubsters, even reversed, as rears behind MRtx twins worked fairly well... I bought a CI finger fin to use as a trailer behind my twin...now I'm moving it up and back trying to see where I like it best. I think that I'm finnaly dailing in My set up!
Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

I like the direction you're heading here with smaller fins, especially the trailing fins. I have been experimenting with using the smallest fins possible that still provide decent drive, and I'm loving the way the kneeboard releases better off the top of the wave (plus it keeps more open other fun things, such as sideslips and the occasional 360). I only use bigger fins now on bigger days or for very hollow, thicker waves.
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
El Kneelo

Post by El Kneelo »

I was originaaly trying to emulate a twin with channels set up... I pulled out my big twins and put in some smaller m7's... You're right, it snaps off the top! Thank you for the pointer