Looking for adivce on a Fish or what is best type of kneeboard for point break condtions

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

kneeridersouth
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Looking for adivce on a Fish or what is best type of kneeboard for point break condtions

Post by kneeridersouth »

i am looking for a kneeboard for the Tressles area riding. I have been kneeboarding for a number of years in the southbay but now find the closest break for me to ride now is tresles. I am riding all the spots there on a 5'10 quad with a good rocker. The board works great with steep waves in the southbay but feeling i feel need a board that matches the condions I ride now. I am 5'11 and 180. I am hoping for some advice do you have any for a board that would work there? I want to get back to Kneeboarding again. Back in the 80's i used to surf with a kneeboarder who rode a standard 70's fish there. it was 6'0. A friend wanted to sell me his 6'0 fish but it is new but with quad FCS set up but selling cheep. Does the fin placement matter? My quad is fins forward so does that matter for point type waves of Tresles? what would for all the breaks around there? Should i take a pic of that fish and post it?
thanks
gumby
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: Looking for adivce on a Fish or what is best type of kneeboard for point break condtions

Post by gumby »

I've been surfing that area for years and have found that a little more volume helps. The past two or three I have been riding a 6'0" tri fin pin tail. For most days above 2ft. Under 2ft I have a Blast F2K quad also 6'0". I suggest you stick with fins forward kneeboard as it helps you drive the board. I mostly surf 4 doors and the point at surf beach and venture up to church once in a while. Most of the people are cool there and can't remember seeing a kneeboard for years.
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
kneeridersouth

Re: Looking for adivce on a Fish or what is best type of kneeboard for point break condtions

Post by kneeridersouth »

Thanks,
I will look for a board now. Mostly surf there during the week not weekends yet.