Single fin Comp. and get together.

What works & what doesn't and in what type of conditions. Got a "secret" only you and your shaper know???? Post it here... we can keep it quiet ;-)

Moderator: Moderator

Dave K.
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Single fin Comp. and get together.

Post by Dave K. »

Im not sure whether this should be in comps or board design. The Sydney Kneeboard Club is running a single fin comp. and get together this weekend on the NSW South Coast. The interest from members including past members has been unreal, with everyone searching into the far reaches of their garages to find that trusy old slab single keeled rocket.
For guys like me who have never even ridden a single fin it should be very interesting.
Its shaping up to be a fun weekend with a big barby and kneelo vids at Kennny Stapos holiday house on Sat. night.
Just thought Id share the idea with everyone- something a bit different to keep everyone interested.
Ill report on how it all went. :D
Man O' War
Legend (Contribution King!)

Single Fin Comp

Post by Man O' War »

Dave K,
I'm on the wrong continent or I'd be there, if only to watch. Partly by accident and partly by experiment, I ended up with a big (10.5") flex fin on my 5'10", and I am completely addicted. Hope it goes well for you!

MW
Jeff
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Jeff »

Man sounds like alot of fun wish I could be there to. Have fun let us know how it goes.

regaurds Jeff
Dave K.

Post by Dave K. »

Repoting in on Sydney Kneeboard Clubs single fin comp. The whole weekend went off. There was over twenty competitors for the event which was held at Caves Beach on the NSW Sth Coast which is just around the corner from Aussie Pipe. All sorts of single fin creations surfaced- including classic Crosier designs weird looking spoon copies and other wondefull looking craft. In the end it was Phil May who had never ridden a single finner before the day who won the comp. but that all seemed secondary to the spirit of the day. The party at Stapos went into the wee hours with some of us staying up : way too late watching Crystal Voyager and morning of the Earth. Thanks to Rob Slater who took heaps of film- a full report including Robs photos will soon be available at //home.iprimus.com.au/sydneykneeboarders/
Next year we are looking to expand the concept- into a single fin festival lasting the whole weekend :D :D :D :D
MWROBERTSON

Sigle Fin Comp.

Post by MWROBERTSON »

:D Wow! That contest seems like a a TOTAL BLAST! Please let us know when video, photos etc. are available. I'm sure it will bring back many fond memories.

My first three boards were all sigle fins. My favorite was a 5'4" slap looking Infinity-shaped by Dean Cleary. (He was the man at the HB Pier back then.) It was lime green with a huge glassed in, raked back fin. It had a real wide swallow tail. So wide in fact that you could stand the board straight up on the floor unassisted! It would rest on the two points of the swallow tail and on the fin that would touch the floor.