A new Kneelo

Post'em here...

Moderator: Moderator

halbs
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

A new Kneelo

Post by halbs »

Whilst out camping last Easter we were charging off to a location where we thought the waves would be on, driving my car I had a surfing mate in the front seat and my two young boys in the back, my eldest who is 7 proceeded to tell me, "Dad when I get older I'm not going to kneeboard I'm going to be a stand up" well I replied that that was cool and he could pursue any direction he liked [he idolises his uncle who is a red hot standup over here]. My younger son who is four commented that he was always going to be a kneeelo just like his dad, which also pleased me. Time marched on we had a number of good surfs, beers and campfires over the following week and I also took my eldest for a few surfs on a seven foot softboard. He has some ability at paddling and catching waves on one occasion when his confidence was up he kept catching waves/ whitewater and getting to his knees and scooting across the small faces, I commented to him that I thought that he didn't want to be a kneelo to which he calmly replied " yeah but dad I am very good at it!!"I had a chuckle and was stoked and thought maybe one day we might be sharing boards or a boat trip in Indo Whatever he chooses it's all good!!!
getting there is often as good as getting there
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Brings a tear to all dad's eyes. As you cats say, "Good on ya'.
kbing since plywood days