hey everyone SECRET SPOT ahoy!

Post'em here...

Moderator: Moderator

ross
Legend (Contribution King!)

hey everyone SECRET SPOT ahoy!

Post by ross »

after the thread concerning trails less travelled i thought i'd recount a story for you guys.

back in time,me and my sister decided on a quick juant to a place we have frequented in the past.our parents grew up there.so the area is of family signifigance.alot of people that we knew in town have moved on but a few still remain.
My sister and i are fishermen(fisherpersons? :? )and the area is known to attract pelagic species in close so we were on the hunt.
the particular place we were headed i'll call Beezlebubs Gorge.it takes a 3-4 km walk to reach the gorge along cliff faces,with tracks that are at times only 2 ft wide.Dad was part of many a rescue of fishos falling off cliffs back in the day.nothing like watching a town full of drunk people rescuing a drunk fisherman.
as we scoured a hill along the way i turned to take in the view.right before my eyes was a mechanical righthander bowling around the backside of an island a decent way offshore.i took a couple of snaps(which you'll never see :twisted: ) and pondered its ridability.
when we returned home i took note of the bay and quizzed dad on its possibilities.
he knew the wave.when they were kids the used to body surf it,thinking thier boards would get eaten on the rocks.he thought it would be ridable on more modern equipment 8).
christmas holidays comes around and i find myself in town again.
this time on a poorly organised mission with two mates,its new years eve.

while setting up our tents we noticed a sign stating a reward for a stolen motorbike.tents erected a quick surfcheck is in order.when looking at the waves out in front of our camp at spanner head reef we noticed another sign about the motor bike.
my mate scott announces his intention to defecate in the bushes nearby.so myself and Dean(the other guy) avert our eyes from this horrifc occurence.
Scotty returns from the lavatory mentioning that he found a motorbike covered with branches.seems obvious now but at the time i didnt twig :roll:.i just told him that if he thought we were going anywhere near the direction of his freshly made nest to look at some clapped out moto he was "f#ckin dreaming."Later on beers in hand new years was looking very dreary.Scott wont let up on the stupid motorbike,so we agree to look at it if he covers up the brown :oops: before we follow.

he uncovers what turns out to be a current modle honda trailbike!nearly brand new,our eyes are bulging.Boolseet.

we push the bike back to camp scratching our heads about what to do with it.
the sharpest of what must seem like a blunt array of tools(us) connects the bike to the stolen bike signs we keep seeing everywhere :?
Dean(moto head) wants dismantle it and take it home in the ford laser hatchback to keep.Scott wants to sell it and i want to collect the reward and drink it at the local Bowlo. :lol:

conscience gets the better of those other two grovellers so we ring the number on the sign.
the guy takes about 30 min to get to us and it never really occured to me at the time that when the two huge bikies that got out of the truck to pick up the bike would suspect that we were infact the darstardly robbers? :shock: .

they gave us half of the reward stated and made no secret of the suspicions the suspected :) which was ok with me considering the options were half the reward(300 bucks) or having a lay down next to my teath. :cry:
our big plan is to hit the local bowling club for the eveing.
in a town with a population of about 300,three single blokes are hardly going to blend in :roll:
3 blokes,$100 dollars each thats alot of beer in a bowling club in the early 90's,eating is cheating :roll: a whole world of ugliness is about to unravel.

through the course of the night i manage to,narrowly avoid getting punched,reach over the bar to self serve,slip over in somone elses ralph.take 1.5 hours to finish a game of pool and put on an impressive striptease for all the local Desperate Houswives.quite the spectacle. :lol:

luckily i was recognised by some old family friends and thus avoided the deserved mauling.once we had managed to win evryone over(yeah right)
i got talking to one of the local surfers who was also well liquored.

he mentioned a mechanical righthander at an undisclosed location.trying to act like he knew something that i didnt :wink:
i looked at him and spoke the location of the wave i had seen with my sister.
his smile dispersed.he may have even went a little pale :twisted:

the next morning we went back to town to collect Scotty.who was sleeping with his arms and legs wrapped around the front left tire of the car.like some kind of human wheel clamp desperate to not be left behind.

we surfed the wave for 4 days straight with no-one out.

loose lips sink ships :wink: :lol:
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

uh? nice story but where is the clencher? lol i was expecting something like " we met the guys that really stole the bike" or "we paddled out the next day and there was no more surf and my dad said it only breaks there every 100 years" or "we checked it out that night and saw duke kahanamoku riding the lip. then the wave just faded away. a ghost wave" damn! :cry:
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
ross

Post by ross »

i see what your saying kava.
on the 2nd day of surfing it my legrope expired(no spare) so i had to spend the next 3 days swimming after my board.which often found its way to the very deep sharky water between the island and the shoreline :oops:.
the wave itself is very hollow,with the best ones ending off the side of the island.only thing is you end up dodging some nasty rocks on the end section :shock:
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

I know where you are talking about, ross.

:wink:
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
ross

Post by ross »

yeah i knew you would mate
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

thats more like it heh heh 8)
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
frankfqr
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

hey everyone.................

Post by frankfqr »

In a pinch you can take a bic lighter and flame the broken ends of your broken cord till nice and bubbly. Then just stick the two together. It's saved two sessions for me. Don't know if it works on all materials, but worth a try.
K-man

Post by K-man »

2002,I'm up in oregon, getting on the roger revelle[270ft research vessel] doing seabird-mammal census.Up on the bridge,having a chat with the skipper[dave murline-point loma?]The talk goes from fishing to surf,naturally..Asks me where I live,I tell him Bolinas,He pauses for a second,says Hmmmmm,have you ever surfed the rock?Blew me away!
Turns out he did his maritime schooling over in vallejo,and not liking crowds found this area.Which shows,where there's a will there's a way.

K