The first documented killer whale attack

Post'em here...

Moderator: Moderator

KAVA
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by KAVA »

GUESS IM GLAD THE POLLUTION KEEPS ALL THOSE BIG BAD MAN EATING MAMMALS AND FISH FARTHER NORTH HEH HEH. AT LEAST YOU CAN SEE EM COMING (WELL, EXCEPT FOR THE BROWN TROUT :? )
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
SCGARY
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by SCGARY »

There was a killer whale attack on an Ab diver in the late 60's early 70's at Pigeon Point. I remember it well since I was diving alot myself and word of it spread thru the dive community pretty fast. The diver was taking his breath at the surface and looking down in preparation for a dive when he sees a big set of white teeth come up at him from below. He instinctively pulls his legs up and the whale chomps down on his fins and tosses him around quite a bit, then lets him go. Alot of people thought something else attacked him but the tooth imprints on his fins were confirmed as a killer whale and there were quite a few killers in the area. I saw the fins at Diver's Dock dive shop in Sunnyvale. The guy wasn't hurt and didn't report it to any authorities.