RW
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by RW »

:lol:

GO WAKA WAKA Gene-O :!:

..so that metaphor mirror's a bird in the hand there don't it Major-General Gene-O?

...kinda like the diaretic verbage on why and what is better than the other why's and what's....don't cha think....

....or can ya's....really.... :arrow: :?:

it's all relative to the individual anyway so who gives a rat's @ss....kneeboarding ain't better....just a different expressive option on a limited spectrum palatte....

.....it's one's actions that determines all else.....or lack thereof....

....shut up and surf....

:twisted:
shoulder huggin' chickens
ScottMac
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
gene west

surf

Post by gene west »

Scott- exactly...my phone starts ringin' at first light,and the majority of guys I surf with are stand-ups, but nobody vibes me or the other kber's I surf with because we can back our s*&^ up-we'll take off later, deeper, get tubed more often, smack the lip harder, grab the biggest set waves and sound any body that get's in our way- I 'm crew at spots from the L.J. reefs to the cliffs ...you get waves, you give waves, you school the young guy's when they need it and take care of your friends.....but in reality, just like R.W. ( and the back of the A.K.C. shirts) sez....shut up and surf!!!
geno
cali_chick
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by cali_chick »

I'm in asharoken right now and I hear you - really

Despite the fact that i like being on the water alone I recently found some allies and really its just by doing what you do. The accept it or they don't it's no skin off your nose. Just last week some of the Rhode Island Riders were on this side and were scoffing at first at the kneeboard but I smiled and went my way, they eventually paddled out and joined in the fun.

They've been back 3 times so far and calling to hear the surf report, some of them have even tried KB and its all been good fun.

Though come to think about it it might be because they realised that I can stand up surf well, I just prefer to KB. They respected it once they realised no one gives a hoot about battling with them.

In my book everyone has the same love for the water, or we wouldn't be out there to begin with.

I agree with the above posts, any unnecessary noise from anyone else, jus tell 'em to shut up and surf.
~a simple girl with simple passions; hand me my board, get out of my way.~
Nov

Re: surfers

Post by Nov »

hansel wrote:not really a story, more questions. and a rant.

why is it that knee boarders are so looked down upon (at least on long island) i mean, im open to any wave riding device, weather it a.. surf mat, surfboard, bodyboard, knee board. but almost all of the people ive talked to have said terrible things like. "what a kook thing" "why not just stand up" "poser surfers" and things of that nature. but i want to get your guys input on the situation. i would think that body boarders would get even less respect because i think it takes less skill than surfing. but it seems the more there are the more its respected. im sure that if there was more knee boarding on long island and in NY, than i think it will be more respected. for the years ive been going to the ocean i haven't seen not 1 knee board, would it be just the location. or hasn't it caught on?ive ridden a knee board for the first time last month and i absolutely loved it!! looks like i need to move to California or Australia to get any type of respect. :D
I never have a problem with the standups at my local.
Sometimes I might have a problem with an idiot at another beach who doesn't realise the 80s died long ago, if so I just stand up on my kneeboard and spray him.

I find bodyboarders are worse, the ones who surf the beaches around me are some of the biggest idiots that I've ever met in my entire life. They're incredibly close-minded and like to try and cause problems. I have absolutely no respect for them, and a result I drop in on them regularly. :lol:
I'm not saying all boogers are like that, just the ones who surf in my area. :wink: