kneeboard gods...I think they are watching

Post'em here...

Moderator: Moderator

sf_firestarter
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

kneeboard gods...I think they are watching

Post by sf_firestarter »

In the past month I have twice lost a fin out in big Ocean Beach, yet on each occasion after initially relieving my discontent in a flying flurry of obscenities I settled down and decided to stay out and enjoy the surf, one fin be damned. This proved the right decision as on both occasions after riding in my last wave of the day and beginning my paddle in what should I see right in front of me but my fin floating, waiting to be re-united, to be returned to its duties another day. Oh, the fins I use, you can't get in the USA anymore...I smiled all the way home.

But as of Friday I just know something is right in my world. On this day, I was out at a rocky point enjoying another fantastic NorCal day when I snapped my leash and watched in horror as my board went tumbling towards the rocks. As I attempted to swim in I watched as successive waves detonated on the rocks and my board. All I could envision at that moment was finding pieces of an utterly annihilated shell of the first board I built. But as I approached with a frown the size of Manhattan on my face what did I see. s*&^, it looked OK, not just OK, but as I picked it up it appeared to be absolutely perfect…I don’t know how but it was. It doesn’t make sense but I’m not asking how I’m just happy it is. So I put the board away, grabbed a body board and scored my best wave of the day, one last draining freight train barrel under the lights with no sun left in the sky…I went home with a smile on this day also.

I don’t know the lessons to be learned from this but I want to say thank you whoever you are I’m going to the beach today!!!
jdc

Post by jdc »

You reap as you sow...we should keep our thumbs green :wink:
i like surfing
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Sf, first get Bill E's fin leashes, they work great, second, also give thanks Whitey didn't get you while enjoying your wave during last light. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction