The people u run into.....

Post'em here...

Moderator: Moderator

Xmas
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

The people u run into.....

Post by Xmas »

A recent story. From today in fact. I happended to make the trek over to Sydney's northern beaches to have some lunch at Dee Why and have a peek at the Mick Mock auction at the Mona Vale Hotel. Anyway park the car at Dee Why and walk down to have a look at what the Point is doing. Comment to my girlfriend "Gee that looks like young Matty Nov sitting over there". Low and behold it is young Matty Nov. On closer inspection Matty seemed to be clutching his knee. "What happened?" I said to young Nov. The response was "I got called into an inside one, fell off and cut my knee open. U wanna have a look?" My response - "I don't think so." I didn't tell him that I have a tendency to faint at the sight of blood. :oops:

Thankfully for modern technology, I was able to whip out the mobile and let young Nov call his knight in shining armour (aka his Mum) who was able to quickly jump in the surf mobile that is the Camry station wagon and bolt down to Dee Why from North Narra to collect young Matt and his mate.

Hope u aren't out of the water for too long young lad. Phillip Island is just around the corner!!!!!!!!!! :D
Nov

Post by Nov »

Thanks heaps for helping us out there today Grant, I would've been stuck there for ages pinching my cut together otherwise. The cut was bigger than I thought but thankfully it was pretty shallow (6 stitches), the doctor said I should be back in time for Phillip Island so I'm stoked.
I felt pretty sick when I saw the whole thing so I don't blame you for not wanting to look :wink:
Ps. Many kneelos at the auction?
Xmas

Post by Xmas »

Good to hear Nov. Remember to keep it iced and keep moving it so it doesn't stiffen up.

A couple of good old kneelos there - both boards and people - Scoop and Mike Schuff :lol:

Going surfing - Bronte reef is 3-4 foot and looking sweeeeeet.
scoop
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by scoop »

hey,,,
just picked up a "Innermost Limmits Of Pure Fun" posted signed by GG
onlt $325 aussie muchachos
going back later looking for a spoon
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
scoop

Post by scoop »

also picked up a "Clean and Natural" flextail slab 5'8" x 23 7/8" x 3" single fin
It may have some asian heritage with 3 japanese looking charactors on both sides as well as a fine spray
A little work will have it in pristine condition
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Nov

Post by Nov »

Sweet, wish I could've had a look but I can't walk properly yet.