LEG (CALF) CRAMPS

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

Smokin Rock
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Smokin Rock »

"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

remember.....take that tampon out before you bathe!
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
GRAYMAN
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Re: vc

Post by GRAYMAN »

CaptKneemo wrote:this works...no really. dont pee. if you notice, not long after a pee or 2 the cramps come. also, if i just work through the cramp i usually get another 1-1 and 1/2 hours more. or wear one of those hats that hold bottled waters with the straw coming down.
I don't see how this can work. If water's in your bladder it's effectively already left your body.

G
K-man

Post by K-man »

DON'T PEE... :lol: When ya get older ya pee when ya gotta.. :lol: Always have a quart of water mixed with fresh lemon juice,or a quart of quality sports drink.Short sessions are no problem it's those 4+ hr sessions.Take a break rehydrate,get the mineral loss thru peeing back into the body.Cold water is an issue also.Don't have the cramping/pee issue when in hawaii.
For the under 40 crowd these are issues you will be facing later in life.... :lol: Not that big a deal....

cheers
skeg
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by skeg »

Paddling out is my stretching and warm-up in one. No prizes for guessing what my stretch and wind down activity is. A reference: http://www.medicinenet.com/muscle_cramps/article.htm.