GETTING, ummm...OLDER : (

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

skansand
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by skansand »

M.E. :wink:
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Bud

Post by Bud »

Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy (B. Franklin)..
BEER

Helping white men dance since the Greek era.

:lol:

True......

http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/beer/hi ... References
gene west

Post by gene west »

hey Kava-squaremont is in fact one of the burbs on san diego called clairemont about 5 miles fron the beach.When I was a kid it was a lot of canyons and wide open I could strap my board to my dirt bike and from my parents I could ride to blacks and only cross 4 paved roads!. Now its full of houses and freeways.Wehad bobcats, coyotes.deer,lizarda abd snakes,hawks all things good and wildn now it's more crowded than H.B. and i haven't lived there in over 30 yrs.A lot of good surfers from there though. how's the surf in h.b.?
geno
gene west

Post by gene west »

hey rooster-my girl removed the sutures and my knee is just about ready.I'm sure we've surfed the same spots probably at the same time!warhawks and chieftans sounds unnatural doesn't it! I look forward to getting some waves with you. keep in touch!
geno
gene west

Post by gene west »

hey jackg-i've been free diving along the jetty at the entrance to mission bay near my house and have been scoring legal bugs easily although illegally with my hawaiian sling. nothing like fresh lobster and tofu scramble for breakfast. there's tons of them here and you can grab them with your hands too.
geno
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Slaying bugs with a Hawaian sling is LAME :evil:
hannya
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

getting uuum older

Post by hannya »

legal bugs illegally? explain this to me please :shock:
ross

Post by ross »

i'm suprised it's legal to shoot lobster. Kind of takes the challenge out of it.

i do the odd cray diving expedition when i'm down in Tassie where they are in abundance and it is illegal to spear them down there. you need a license to dive for them as well.

i just surfed a local big wave spot with a fair percentage of the central coast kneeboard population. At 32 i'am the grommet of these little sessions.
Today we surfed double overhead Forresters in onshore conditions. This wave will test your metal on a good clean day, let alone onshore storm swell we surf in.
Special mentions go to;
Damien Coase (PINO) hip replaced 4 months ago, still limping and still surfing 6 foot waves.
Anthony Bonello, sat on second reef with me waiting for the solid ones and probably did just as much duck diving as i did. We did get a few solid ones eh mate? :wink:
And finally Mr Dale Ponsford who was ripping like a 20 year old as we expect (nothing like 20 years of Ponsford kicking your arse). He took home the central coast shield. i get the feeling i'm gonna be in my 50's and Dale will still be schooling me while the rest of the lads are judging.

and i'll still be the fucken grommet. :lol:

i've been lucky to have surfed with all these guys since i was 12 years old and it blows me away that they were my age or younger when i first met them 8) .
They are all surfing well as some of cruise through their 40's and fifties.
if i surf as well as they do when i get to their age i'm stoked.

Much respect
red

Post by red »

ross,
You're not alone. As Pommie said on our last surf trip - "I'm tired of being the grommet. I'm thirty two years old and still the grom." We told him to quit whinging and go buy us lunch. Of course, in true grom fashion, he didn't.
gene west

Post by gene west »

hey eric-what's lamer-judging someone you don't know or being from florida?
geno
gene west

Post by gene west »

hammya and ross- it's not legal to use a sling to get bugs-and granted there is much more challenge using your hands.where i'm diving has strong currents, along a jetty that enters mission bay and about 25 ft. deep. I make no apologies for my minor transgressions. i'm in and out and eating within 45 minutes including the 3 block walk from my home.anyone hungry? we can grab 'em with our hands for you purists.Eric your welcome too! it'll give you a chance to get away from that 2ft. slop you guys call waves!
geno
rick mottola
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by rick mottola »

hey gene, you guys can debate slinging lobsters all day but don't go insulting florida waves! it isn't our fault they're so small :cry: :cry:

signature update below...
gene west

Post by gene west »

hey kickstart-sorry if i offended you brah! that reply was meant for eric for vibing me-come on out- i'll feed you and we'll get some good surf too. the north swells are starting and that means overhead if you know where to look! 70 miles of coast here with everything from beachbreaks to shallow rock shelfs and reefs, piers and jettys, not to mention northern baja!
geno
Anthony B

Post by Anthony B »

Hey Ross that was some session :) You hit it on the head about how inspiring Pino and the boys are.
They were trying conditions for sure :shock: .You had the Flashie going very nicely 8)
Whatever Dales on i want some,every time i was scratching over a bomb he was flying past me 8) 8)
Again full marks to Kim for getting us there ,we should do it more often i reckon.
BillL

Post by BillL »

Sounds like a great session Ross. I met Damien and Kym? in Oz and Bali in 1985 along with Dale Ponsford in the US in 1981, they were all charging back then and it's great to hear that they haven't slowed down. This age thing is between your ears!!
Damien helped my brother out in Bali when he came down with Falciparum Malaria, the catastrophic kind, in the late 80's.Heavy story but he's fine now. I'd love to get in touch with him could you pm me with his email? Thanks, Bill Lerner