GETTING, ummm...OLDER : (

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

Eric Carson
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Eric Carson »

This summer, I participated in a multi agency operation dubbed "Lobster Trap" which resulted in 5 local arrests for lobster violations. Spearing lobsters, using a mop handle to snag them, taking females with eggs and taking undersized lobsters are some of the illegal acts that I consider "Lame".
Florida, a nice place to live AND surf!!
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

we get lobster all the time at a well know surf cove south of baja malibu. with eggs or without? with a spear or hawaiian sling all taste the same heh heh. in the trap or out lol :twisted:
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
hannya
Local (More than 25 post)

gettig uuum older

Post by hannya »

um read your post you said it was illegal to spear lobster where your from. I dont eat crawly things from the ocean they can kill me. I dont mind surfing here in hawaii :roll:
fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics even if you win your still retarded :shock:
john -

Re: gettig uuum older

Post by john - »

hannya wrote: fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics even if you win your still retarded :shock:
that is a seriously dubious perspective on disabilities:!:

:shock: yeah! its shock to read that perspective

considering the inspiration many gain from those who have challenges to "regular" practises, retarded also must include some mental attitudes in an able bodied person

if your not into polemics on this site ...why make that post :!: :idea: the pot calling the kettle black

ksusa world wide means there is no way I can meet with many/most but that shouldnt stop an argument or a debate as much as it does not hinder genial conversation...on the internet...on the phone...whats the difference.

hannya...do we take it your a young man :roll:
john -

Post by john - »

gene west wrote:

that reply was meant for eric for vibing me-come on out-

does seem like its time to recalculate the average age of kneelos :P

now no arguments lads...this is the internet :idea:
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics even if you win your still retarded
if your not into polemics on this site ...why make that post the pot calling the kettle black
lol! :lol: :P
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
john -

Post by john - »

KAVA wrote:
if your not into polemics on this site ...why make that post the pot calling the kettle black
lol! :lol: :P

Hey Kava

if you leave out the exclamation mark and the light bulb, it changes the meaning,...are you :lol: at my comment, or your editing? :wink:

if your not into polemics on this site...why make the post :!: :idea: the pot calling the kettle black

dificult to communicate on line...best to keep context

and if you are editing a quote to change meaning, then my wifes got a point :arrow:
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

i dont see any of it as fighting. more like debating 8)
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
gene west

those damn bugs

Post by gene west »

Thanks Kava for having my back! I will say though that I never take shorts (undersized bugs) and I don't see it as "fighting on the internet" , but having a dialog. If someone disagrees, perhaps stating a reason why instead of a negative attack would create an open forum- but when labeled as "lame" I will respond in kind! any one up for bugs for breAKFAST?
geno
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

lol @ "Bugs"

Sea Roaches never tasted so good! :wink: wonder how scorpions taste covered in garlic and butter? :cry:
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
tumak

Post by tumak »

Eric told me about this post this morning. I think what he finds distasteful is ignorant and overtly selfish marine activities. Legality is yet another issue.

By the way, we have a lot of fun back here in Florida. Plus - generally speaking - the surfers here seem much less egotistical than our Californian counterparts, who we've discouraged from coming here ever since the surfers of Daytona Beach first told Bruce Brown in 1962 that that totally average day filmed for "Surfing Hollow Days" was "the biggest day in five years." What a laugh.

And don't forget - and this is a totally practical consideration - Californian surfboard companies have always done most of their business on the East Coast.

One thing we have that y'all don't have out there: a Surfers' Hall of Fame. This weekend, we're having Eric Carson, Mark Wessling, and "kikstartmyheart" Rick presenting "The Kneeboarding Experience" at our East Coast Surfing Hall Of Fame Museum, where arcane Spoonological verities and historical profundities involved in classical and contemporary kneeboarding will explode in Wedgelike splendor for all to see. It's gonna be cool. Wish all you Californians could be... oh... nevermind.
"Imprisonment in the contemporary is the worst of all intellectual tyrannies." -Weston La Barre
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

:D "Don't be a Hater" 8)
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kauaikneelo

Post by Kauaikneelo »

Where's Florida?? :wink: nah, nah just kidding. Good thing kelly has no ego?!! :shock: But for reals: mahalo for showing the rest of the world about KBing 8) (Florida is on this planet right??) :D :D
Aloha from the Kingdom of Atooi
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

This is the deal -- flier by kikstart.

K-man

Post by K-man »

:)