Brain Tumour Update !!!

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

Techno
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Brain Tumour Update !!!

Post by Techno »

Well, it’s 2000hrs (8.00pm) and I have just made it home from the hospital – put the kids to bed and sat down and had a good cry !!!
The operation wasn’t as it was planned ??? Three hours was the said timeframe – which blew out to almost 8 hours.
You have no idea how frustrating it is to sit knowing there is a Surgeon working on your wife’s brain – and no one can give you any advice on what is going on and how much longer it will take ???

The phone rang and the Assistant Surgeon told me that all had not gone well and that Narelle was now in recovery !
She said that they had no idea what this thing was in Narelle’s head – but it went further than they wanted to dig ???
It is attached to her Optic Nerve – Carotid Artery and something to do with her Spinal Stem that could prove fatal if attempted – so was left well alone and Narelle was closed up ???

Pathology Samples were taken and the results were not conclusive as to what type of tumour it was ???
We are now waiting for more involved Pathology report to be done and may have to wait till Monday/Tuesday ???

The best we can hope for is a Benign Meningioma – but may be facing a Malignant Melanoma or maybe even a Malignant Glio Blastoma (Spelling?) – Both of which will have to be treated with Chemo or Radio therapy ???

Narelle still is in a lot of pain and was not really with it when I left the hospital – but there is nothing else I can do for her tonight, other than get our kids home to bed and get some normality back in their lives !!!
We are prepared for what the future holds – no mater what – we will take each day / hour in our stride and ride out the bad weather !!!

We thank you all again for you tears, hopes, love, best wishes, advice, help, prayers and friendship that has shone through over these past tumultuous weeks – I don’t think we could have done it without you all ???

Narelle looks like being released from hospital in about 5 days – but will require constant treatment over many months to come.
This is the scariest thing either of us have ever had to face – but I am glad to have been the person to help Narelle face this challenge !!!
It’s not over – not by a long shot – but we will beat this thing – one day at a time !!!

I will send an update when we have some good news from Pathology on Monday or Tuesday ???

Until then – thank you all once again for you prayers and blessings.

Tony – Narelle – Madelaine – David – Natalya Aubrey
XXXX
HAVE SPARE KIDNEY - WILL TRAVEL FOR SURF !!!
fooj
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by fooj »

Tony,
I will keep your wife, you and your family in my prayers. Cry until you can no longer shed a tear then hold onto your resolve and put on a game face. Jeff.
quadfin

Post by quadfin »

Tony,

My family is praying for yours as I am sure your extended surfing family is as well. Having been through a scare of this sorts years ago I know the odds are in your wife's favor for being benign. Good luck.

John