Brain Tumour - Latest !!!

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

Techno
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Brain Tumour - Latest !!!

Post by Techno »

Hi everyone !!!

Well the news from the Radiotherapy people wasn’t all that good !!!

To be blunt and to the point – we have been told that the potential outcome of treating this tumour with Radiotherapy will most likely only give Narelle a 6-12 month chance at life !!!
This came as quite a shock to us both as I am sure it has for you all !!!

We are going to prove the Doctors wrong – we are going to kick this thing in the arse, 6-12 months is not an option for us – we have far too many things to do with our kids and our future together !!!

Radiotherapy begins in approx’ two weeks when Narelle’s head wound has healed !!!
She will get treated with the highest dose possible – five days a week, for six weeks – weekends off.
Her hair will fall out – but we will be a step ahead of that – she will shave her head before treatment – as will I in support for her !!!
(Better to loose stubble than clumps of hair)
Those who know Narelle – will know she will never back down from a challenge – she is a stubborn bitch !!!
No tumour is going to stop her from making her future wishes come true !!!
We are going to use all means available to us – Radium - Herbal – Naturopathic – Raki – anything is worth a try ???
Narelle has made the statement that she is going to be one of those people that you read about in Readers Digest, that has beaten all odds and triumphed over terminal illness !!!
I believe she will do it too – if anyone has the spirit to kick this – Narelle has !!!

Over the years I have always joked that the only reason I married Narelle was because of her great cooking, (And lets face it – the proof is in my gut size) but now it has been shown to me that the reason I married her was because of her strength of character !!!
She has always been there for me and others over the years – now it is my turn to be there for her !!!

There is nothing anyone can do for us – besides channel you prayers and positive thoughts and feelings towards our battle with this tumour.
If we need your help – don’t worry – we will call, we will accept any help offered.
The main things we will need help with, are the kids and transport to and from school – Ballet – Swimming – Tennis etc.
Radiotherapy and the weeks leading up to it are going to be the most stressful for our family – and the more we can keep normality in their lives the less stressful it will be for them.

We want the kids to maintain their sports etc, and will need the assistance of friends to do this – we have a great network of people that have been there for us these past weeks – but to continue to use these same people is not fair – they have families to care for also ???
So we will be endeavouring to share the help around so that no one family gets overworked !!!

I will be compiling a list with names and phone numbers of those that wish to be of assistance – so please let me know if you would like to be part of this list – and if you can’t because you are too far away or have too many family commitments, don’t worry – we will accept you positive thoughts towards Narelle’s recovery.

Anyway – there isn’t too much more to tell !!!
I will let you know of any future developments and keep you all informed of her health and wellbeing.

Lotzaluv from Tony – Narelle – Madelaine – David – Natalya Aubrey.
XXXX
HAVE SPARE KIDNEY - WILL TRAVEL FOR SURF !!!
DarcyM
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

sending best wishes your way

Post by DarcyM »

Tony and Narelle and family -

my thoughts are with you, and I hope you prove the doctors wrong! Stay strong, stay positive, don't be afraid to ask for help (you will need it, this is as tough as it comes), don't be too proud to cry. Find the strength to carry on in your love for each other and your faith and the love of your friends and family.

best wishes for a rapid recovery.

peace -
darcy m
dm

"Push the button, Max!"