Pipeline to a Cure

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

weirdo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Pipeline to a Cure

Post by weirdo »

Thought some of you Cali boys maybe interested in this fundraising event for Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
http://www.pipelinetoacure.com/events.htm
We have similar fundraising Auctions here in Australia and are fun nights...looks like there will be plenty of surf gear for auction at this one.

An Aussie Dr here in Sydney discovered that people with CF that surfed did alot better than those that didnt. From this they developed a treatment now used world wide called hypertonic saline which is inhaled and helps clean out CF peoples lungs.

My 2 year old daughter Molly has CF and needless to say I have a kneelo waxed and ready to go for her already.

Cheers

Weirdo
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Good luck with the benefit, Weirdo. A friend stages a CF yearly benefit here in Santa Cruz County (she is the granddaughter of Alfred Hitchcock). She lost a sister to CF. Can be a very nasty condition.

Surfing has also proven to be a great thing for kids with asthma. I've know children who have had horrible asthma but, after starting surfing, have almost no symptoms.
kbing since plywood days
weirdo

Post by weirdo »

Cheers surfhorn!.. bit far for me to go. Just like keeping up with it all in terms of Fundraising/research etc..
Good to see the surfing community getting behind CF research.

The last few years at the local CF Ball (Sydney) I have organised 2 surfboards to be donated, surf gear etc.. raised about $3k..

Cheers

W