Jim Richardson & Family

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

MWROBERTSON
Legend (Contribution King!)

Jim Richardson & Family

Post by MWROBERTSON »

As many of you know, long time Huntington Beach kneerider and all around nice guy (unless you piss off 6'2" 240 pds of beef) broke his neck last year while surfing draining hollow Newport River Jetty. Thankfully Jim had a successfull neck surgery and is rehabilitating himself the best he can. With pain and numbness in his limbs he is pushing forward.

Jim, who is an electrical contrator foreman with years of experience is out of work on disability. He has taken the bull by the horns knowing that he may not be able to return to his previous work load. He has taken on studying and preparing for his electrical inspectors exam. Way to go Jim!
Jim has even paddled out recently to get the body moving the best that he can being careful not to reinjure himself.

Sadly, life throws more at us at times that we can handle. Many of you know Jim's lovely wife has been real sick with a form of cancer for sometime. Recently, they had a real scare as she went back into the hospital and was put in intensive care. She is back at home and Jim and the family are doing the best they can to keep her comfortable. She is very weak but fighting.

I have known Jim for sometime now, spending many hours in the water together including a trip to the Mentawai's in 2002. Jim would never ask for it but I know any words of support for his neck and sick wife by the Kneelo community would be supportive. You have all beeen great in the past to so many others in need.

Jim may kill me for writing this but even the strongest of men need support from time to time.

Jim my prayers are with you and Kim.

MR- :)
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Thank you Mark, my prayers are with Jim, his wife, and family. I have met Jim, so this touches me even more.
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Casey Patelski
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Casey Patelski »

Hey Jim, Dont know it I surfed with ya before, Im sure we've seen each other in the water if you surf RJ's. Just want ya to know, I'm praying for you and your wife because I know prayer works bro.
God speed to you and your wife.
Casey Patelski
COVE PADS,KneeloLab 6-0PoisonDart DeanCleary 3x Cncav Roundtail 5Fin, 6-0 PoisonDart Infinity 3x Cncav Pintail 3 Fin, Blast 5-9StubVector Swallow Quad, 5-9Vartanian Poison Dart 3x Cncav PinTail 3fin, 6-0Flashpoint DoubleBump Swallow & 5-10 WingPin 3fins.
Doc Turbo

Jim

Post by Doc Turbo »

Prayers for you and your family
KEL

Post by KEL »

Jim, my prayers are with you too.............being an electrician myself!!! Your kneelo friends are here if you need anything. KEL
Scott

Post by Scott »

Jim, wow...that's so much to handle right now; I don't know how I would go through all this if I were in your shoes, but (as Casey intimated) God does, and God can work--my prayers are before His loving throne. Glad you got some water time awhile back to recharge before jumping back into the caregiving of your wife and family.

Mark, thanks for passing this along to me and the rest of the kneebros.
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!
Mark Ramirez

Post by Mark Ramirez »

Jim, My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family.
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Hi Jim,
Lifting you and your family up before His throne of mercy and grace. Take care, Brad
khoningford
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Prayers to the Richardson Family

Post by khoningford »

Jim and wife,

Please know that you both are in the Honingford family's prayers and if there's anything at all that we can do to help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask. Having known you for just the brief time that I have, I know that you are a humble soul who would resist the idea of reaching out, but believe me, I along with what I'm certain are many others would be more than willing to do whatever we can... Oh, and good luck on that inspector's exam. Does this mean I get one free sign-off on the final of my choice???? (Just kidding...)
spidah da kneeridah
Craig

Post by Craig »

Hey Jim, There are many Prayers going up for You, your Bride and Family.

I just want to encourage you to hang tough! There is always a Bright Dawn after the dark night we sometimes have to endure.

Craig
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

Jim Im so sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she gets better soon.
It was great to see you out back in the surf a while ago for the first time since your injury, keep it up and dont give up the fight.
tom
Ler

kneelo cove

Post by Ler »

Hang in there Jim. My prayers and good thoughts are with you and the family. I have lots of respect for you!

Ler
jim richardson

Post by jim richardson »

Thanks to all of you.
SURFSURFSURF