Magic cure ...

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

womble
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Magic cure ...

Post by womble »

The dreaded lurgy has surfaced ... you can feel its presence as it slowly starts to infest your body ... infiltrating and breaching your defenses ... bashing down the door to your immune system ... but wait there's help coming ... there is a magic cure ... its ... aaaarr ... its ... aaarr ... uuuh ... cough cough splatter ... ... ...

Fresh lemon or lime juice and rum ... don't be scared of the rum ... one third lemon juice ... one third rum ... and one third soda or rum ... ad more rum to taste.
One ... two or ten glasses usually does the trick.

Just heading down the road to get the rum.
Last edited by womble on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

Just add garlic & ginger and it is a magic cure loose he rum - the booze kills the good stuff, then have a rum & coke later
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
womble

Post by womble »

AB ... you're missing the point ... the rum my good man ... the rum.
Old Crazy is a big fan of the cane cutters cordial ... yo ho ho and all that.
Although the cure can have a few minor side effects ...

A nice recreational drink ... bye the bye ... rum dry and lime ... crush some fresh lime into the bottom of a glass with a muddler ... add some rum, ice and dry ginger ... apply liberally to the liver ... repeat to taste ... mmm.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

KenM

Post by KenM »

Womble, may I recommend using a higher quality rum and losing the lime and soda altogether. Also goes well with a nice cigar.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

Womble old son you are preaching to the converted, rum or rhum is my addiction. Also i find that lime goes much better with rum in summer in tropical parts. I've been sarmpling a few from thar caribe laytly, som veery fiine ehxarmples mon 50% JM Rhum, 8 year old Appleton Estate mmmmmm
If you're heading down to Coffs we'll have to share a bottle, just to keep warm of course.
curlykneelo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by curlykneelo »

I guess Womble wasn't far of the mark . I remember years ago they were talking on the radio about the lurgy . They asked doctors what they did when they felt it coming on . Many replied cuddle up to a bottle (rum gin vodka , maybe all of them) and once your blotto , of to bed and sweat it out . Your gunna feel like s*it in the morning anyway , so why not give it a go .
Why would you want to ruin the taste with lime or lemon ?
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

:evil: Hands off the Bundy boys....sall mine...hic.....but listen 'ere me ole buddies......don't fr//gen tell every1 :roll: ....otherwise I'll have to bring me own supplies up from down south...an I didn wan to bring the trailer up.... :shock: :shock:
8) 8) Cheers boys....lookin forward to seein yall at Coffs in a coupla weeks...by the way you're all under 50 aintcha...not in my age group I hope...don't need more competition than I got already...bloody Parkesy'll be a vet next year....sheesh.... :roll: ....pre-pubescent vets got no respec..for us more mature types anymore.
If any of you are at Coffs early give me a bell and we'll snaffle a wave somewhere (got my own board this time)

Cheers Wolruss
womble

Post by womble »

KenM wrote:Womble, may I recommend using a higher quality rum and losing the lime and soda altogether. Also goes well with a nice cigar.
What say a Mount Gay Extra Old ... a very fine Barbados rum ... would that suffice ... probably.

Drinking high quality spirits ... should be done properly ... either neat ... with ice or a dash of chilled water ... on this I agree Kenny old son ... but when one is out on the town and the beers get boring ... break out the rum, dry and lime ... Old Crazy knows best ... after all he does have a doctorate in drunken debauchery.

The rum and lemon juice on the other hand is a cure for the dreaded lurgy ... and is taken for medicinal purposes ... please see your doctor (or liquor store) if pain persists.

AB and Wolruss ... more than happy to share a bottle in the name of research ... and the betterment of mankind.

8)

analbirth

Post by analbirth »

Womble, i've drunk a fair bit of Mt Gay, but sadly not the aged, although i'd like to [ hint hint ] I always fide myself going back to Bundy though, might have something to do with running out of the other. Last time i was in Vanuatu 1.125l bottles of Bundy $ 16 ea now i know your gunna hate me.AB
KenM

Post by KenM »

Womble, I'm with you all the way but what the heck is lurgy anyway?
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

The Lurgy is a ficticious malady invented in old England.

Seems like it spread rapidly overseas to infect those poor old Aussie
bastards. :lol:

Here in Gods Country, America the Beautiful, the proper treatment
is regular dosages of fine corn whiskey. 8)

It can also be partially cured by massive quantities of Coors Light. :lol: :lol:
KenM

Post by KenM »

Thanks Scott. Seems I had it and didn't even know I had it. Off to cure it now.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

keep the fluids up me mum always said - my old man died an alcoholic, but he never got sick. I think there's something there for everyone :wink:
rooster

Post by rooster »

I was diagnosed with chronic lurgy, shortly after hiring on at Budweiser in the late 70s. Luckily I was working at the medicine chest :wink:
I usually feel an attack coming on about 3:30 pm. most days. Just after rolling up my tools I begin taking my medication. 1-12 usually does the trick :lol:

PS. I would have posted this on the " What's Funny " thread, but Waka and Feral Mick have another page to themselves :!: :lol:
KneeBumps

Post by KneeBumps »

Not sure about this rum and beer thing, but in this former colony, the summer drink of choice in steamy Mid-Atlantic climes is gin. Although Bombay Sapphire is certainly quite adequate, Tanqueray Rangpur Lime, kept in the freezer, usually suffices to cure ANYTHING that ails you for a few hours :D
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George