Red Tide

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

quadfin
Legend (Contribution King!)

Red Tide

Post by quadfin »

Red Tide has rolled in to South Padre Island Texas and up the coast in the Corpus Christi area. So far it is just patchy but hit a good patch yesterday.

Microorganisms were trying to eat my eyeballs most of the night despite vigorous rinsing with eyewash. Anyone have a safe magic rinse solution?
Surf Hard Live Slow
K-man

Post by K-man »

There ain't no magic bullet... :lol: Knocks me down for days on end.Tried various remedies,nothing works.Someone recommended something called ''nasal rinse''(Thats the product name.)Saline solution with some additional ingredients.I'm doubtful, as the problem is not bacterial,fugual,or viral.
I have some coming,might be worth a try......after reading the fine print.If it works...(doubtful)I'll pass it on.

cheers.
KenM

Post by KenM »

K, I'd say try it, it works good for me for springtime nasal allergies. I recommend using it in the shower after the steam loosens things up. Quadster, have you tried an allergy relief astringent eye drop?
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

I use Clariton D. Behind the counter only, and only so many can be purchased per month. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
K-man

Post by K-man »

There may be an underlying issue besides the red tide effect.If you( I do}have any nose/throat problems(bacterial infection)Then the red tide may increases the chance of blocked sinuses.So...I'm figuring out how to aleviate the infection,which then should solve part of the problem.Trying to go the natural way if possible,as I have a low tolerance to drugs.

info

http://allergies.about.com/od/noseandsi ... ineirr.htm
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

K, do you have a deviated septum?
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

Rocky Point/Black Rock
K-man

Post by K-man »

deviated mind is more like it... :lol: No not that.45 yrs of cold water/wind have taken their toll.35 yrs of tree work dust ,pollen, gas fumes as a bonus.Always have a low grade infection,no temperature though.Thought to be a bacterial type.So anti bods for 10 days to see what transpires.This don't work,on to stage two.
This is not that big a deal..Generally it's very tolerable,and I don't pay it no mind.It's the addition of the red tide that is the kicker.Local groms,as well as adults are feeling it"s affects.And it's generally folks that have some amount of nose/throat stuff..and they're all surfers.And then there are those that feel no effects at all.???Go figure!
So.....Can ya still get a good nathans hotdog at coney???Then there's the cyclone...... :lol:

cheers
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Ok good, because a DS would make a difference. Coney Island as we knew it is gone, only a little part left, and not sure if Nathans is still there, but I think so. I went there once to check it, but it wasn't what I expected. :wink:

Rocky Point/Black Rock