Man O’ War Health Update

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

walt davidson
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by walt davidson »

Mark,

You've got a whole world full of kneeboarders that are thinking of you and want you back in the water.

Best, Walt
randiego
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by randiego »

Scott, our thoughts and hopes are with you, and Mark and family, for the bone marrow to do it's intended job. Fight the good fight Mark!
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Thoughts and prayers.
EQ
KenM

Post by KenM »

MOW, my prayers are with you as well.
Captain Kneemo fan club
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by kage »

MOW I'm sending nothing but outrageously powerful healing thoughts your way. Better better better.
we are the knights that say knee
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

thoughts and prayers are with you.
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

When one of us hurts we ALL feel it so we feel your pain dear Mark.

I'm sure I can speak for this great kneeboard family that if you need ANYTHING we will do ALL we can to help.

You know in WHOM you have believed in and am praying for rest in that great knowledge.

Zavala family praying for you daily too. You know, 8 year olds prayers are simple and powerful!
skansand

Post by skansand »

So heavy, wishing the best for you Mark!
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Kev

Post by Kev »

positive thoughts and energy heading Mark's way
and to those close to him
fooj

Post by fooj »

Mark, Stay strong and power through it. A lot of people are behind you.

Jeff.
bongbong
Emu Legs
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Emu Legs »

Read this yesterday and took awhile to get my head around it.
MOW may the power be with you and yours.
khoningford

Health matters

Post by khoningford »

Having recently been affected by cancer (multiple myloma) in our family, I can tell you Mark that your number one weapon in your upcoming fight is a positive attitude. And right behind that is the support of family & friends. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery.

The Honingford family
spidah da kneeridah
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Praying for you daily Mark and trusting in a complete response and healing. May God's comfort be a real strength for you as you face this challenge with Him. All the best!
kneelingBROTHA

heart-wrenching news

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

My heart sunk when I saw the title of this posting, and fell further when I read the content.

For those that don't know, Mark donated his "Blue Bottle" kneeboard to me--cross country.

I used to leaf through the photos of this site, and was always stoked on the content. How did kneeboarders get so low and go so fast? It just boggled my mind. I posted a lot of questions and got a lot of really helpful answers.

I posted a few times inquiring about buying boards, but couldn't eventually decided because I didn't have a job that I should save the small amount of money I had at the time, starting college (I have a job now, Praise the Lord).

Mark, however, really did something above and beyond. He had a friend in the shipping industry, and Mark himself had non-flexspoon kneeboard he decided wasn't really his type of ride. Put the two together, and the biggest random act of generosity I've ever had in my life was completed: he shipped me a kneeboard from Florida to California, free of charge. Skegs included. No joke. It was by far the kindest thing someone who was a stranger to me had ever done for me, and always spoke to me about his character.

His only stipulation? Fix the dings on the board, which he meticulously taped off before shipment.

I still have the board, probably 3 or 4 years later (maybe longer?)! I didn't end up riding it as much as I wanted to for various reasons, but I have gotten some of the funnest rides of my life on the Flashpoint known to Mark as the "Blue Bottle" and to me as the "Knee Ski." It has visited Newport Beach, Surfside wedge, Salt Creek, Manhattan Beach & El Porto, The Avenues & Burnouts, and various other fun breaks. Laying down cutback tracks kneeling on a hardboard was an otherworldly feeling coming from my mainly bodyboarding background. My goal is to be able to take it out at The Wedge, where I surf whenever I can on my bodyboard.

Hearing this news, though, I don't want to break the board at The Wedge.

Mark, I hope you are doing as well as can be and make a full recovery. Thank you for your random act of generosity, kindness, and Christian goodwill. It was good talking to you about kneeboarding, and keeping the Faith in God and sharing the stoke with other people. What you did has definitely inspired me. You are in my prayers.

God Bless.

Marcus Bockman
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?
dua anjing

Post by dua anjing »

MOW & family,
You're in my thoughts and prayers. As Alfredo said, if you need anything just ask...
I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.