Some Sad News to hit the Surfing World Today.

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

RMcKnee
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by RMcKnee »

Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
day
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by day »

Thank you for posting smokin. (And thank you Brian B.)
What a beautiful tribute.
Brings some smiles amidst all the sadness.
KenM

Post by KenM »

An article at Examiner.com reports : "Andy Irons widow has temporarily stopped the release of the toxicology report in connection with her husband's death. Lyndie Irons in papers filed with a Texas court states that releasing the toxicology report would cause her and her son to "suffer immediate and irrevocable harm in that the branding value [of Andy Irons] would be greatly diminished as a result of the intense news frenzy"."
Captain Kneemo fan club
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jdkneelo »

He was an arrogant prick in the water ,what goes around comes around around, i really feel sorry for his newborn son. And you dont think billabong is behind the saving the andy brand. Hes no different to any one who has substance issues. Me included. But nobody cares about 99% of the addicts. Just because your famous dont make any difference to me. I may be an asshole but i,m a realist.
KenM

Post by KenM »

jdkneelo wrote: And you dont think billabong is behind the saving the andy brand.
I'd guess Billabong and the ASP both. I'll leave the karma part up to the powers that be.
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by Kauaikneelo »

KenM wrote:
jdkneelo wrote: And you dont think billabong is behind the saving the andy brand.
I'd guess Billabong and the ASP both.
I was at the memorial and you would not have known he had ANY sponsers except the HAWAIIANS, GROMS, and OHANA. Still today small hand painted signs are up in Anahola and else where: "Braddah A.I. we will always love you." Not one USA flag anywhere! All Hawaiian. All Aloha.

A friend was the last person to surf with him here on Kauai, in his words: "we just were just exchanging waves and Andy just keep saying yeah go for it....to stoke him on."

In the "pro" world you gotta do what ya gotta do to get to the top, and fame can make be a "prick". But what ya do at home maybe different. Local boy loved by the locals. Fark the media. Ask a local grom about AI, your answer will be "Legend". That is what we need to remember.
Aloha from the Kingdom of Atooi
griz

Post by griz »

I very much doubt there are any angels reading this post who have'nt indulged in illegal substances so who amongst us actually gives a rats arse if AI did . Obviously it ended him but what he did on a surfboard is all I will remember him for and for that it is what he will be eternally judged .
jdkneelo look at Michael Peterson , no one pumped more gear into themselves than this loose unit yet his legend and aura is as strong today as it was when a surfboard was last able to float him . Jeez mate surfboards , contests and clothing lines all carry his name and his very presence lends credability where ever he rolls up .
This is how AI will be remembered , difference being he is not alive and Peterson is.........barely!