Kenny Honingford returns to the lineup

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

Amanda Taylor
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Amanda Taylor »

Just three short months ago he was told by the doctors he would never surf again, yet Kenny was back in the lineup today at Stacks, HB State. Remembering back to that fateful day, October 13, 2010, when Kenny had a near death experience (he drowned and was revived) while surfing at 54th Street NPB, he returned to the water with the support of several fellow kneelos today.
Max B. gave Joe and I a call at 5:30am saying, "Kenny's going out." A few of us were there to see his adventure back into the water, and it looked as though he'd never left. He was tearing it up! He appears to be very fit and full of smiles, especially after his first wave.
Kenny, glad to see you in the lineup with all the guys! The wave gods are smiling upon you.
Check out the picts in the general surf gallery.

This was a very special day, glad to have been a part of it.
Thanks, Kenny.
alfredo zavala
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by alfredo zavala »

I praise the Good Lord that you are back Kenny!
Looks like He blessed y'all with some pretty decent waves as well!
Scott

Post by Scott »

So true, Fredo! Great to have you back, Kenny!
khoningford
Local (More than 25 post)

I surfed today.

Post by khoningford »

Well guys, I did it...
After more than three months of being out of the water, today I got to surf. And let me tell you, it was the best feeling in the world...head-high to overhead roping walls with those santa ana winds we all love. It wasn't quite the bombing freight trains we passed on at Bolsa, but for me, it was plenty enough to wet the old gills. I'd like to first thank God, He and I have been talking alot more recently. Thank you Joe and Amanda, I have never met two more positive people in my whole life, you guys are AWESOME. Thanks to Wayne K, Danny R, Ed and Shane D, Casey P and all the other guys that were out this morning giving me encouragement to get back out there.
When I was getting ready to paddle out, I think I had just about every emotion known to man dancing around in my head. "Can I do this? What if I get hurt? What would my MOTHER think"??!!!!(Ha Ha)...but then I got over it and quickly realized: this is WHAT I DO. And lastly, I want to say thanks to Max. You Sir, are a true friend.
Never live in the "what ifs", for a life lived with regrets is a life unlived...
spidah da kneeridah
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Wow, what a great post! Felt my eyes getting moist 8) I love this kneeboarding world. Thank you Lord! Congrats Kenny :D
stevea

Post by stevea »

Congratulations Kenny and a huge round of applause for your friends ,great pics too Amanda
maxb

Post by maxb »

What can I say? Words can't describe how I felt when I got that call from Tom Cozad a few months ago telling me Kenny might be gone.
And those same words ring true about how I felt paddling out with
Kenny yesterday.
I AM DAMN GLAD YOU ARE BACK WHERE YOU BELONG.
THANK YOU LORD :D
MAX
kbing newport
C J Gagner

Post by C J Gagner »

Congrats Kenny keep up the stoke!!!!!!!!!!!
Though the course may change sometimes rivers always reach the sea!!!!
stemple

Post by stemple »

Way to go Kenny!!. A truly amazing come back. Kudos to Max for an unending stream of positive vibes. Inspiring.
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Beyond STOKED for you Kenny :!: :D 8)
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Don't know you Ken, but I have followed the story through this site ...... mate you've been through the mill, to get back "on the horse" and get out in amongst it again certainly shows a strength of character and only goes to confirm what your good friends must already think of you and so that strength of character is reflected thorugh your friends also....... I'll stop doing the Rabbi Tug bit now and just say ... my hats of to you son, well done.

Cheers Wolruss
greg "swivel"

Post by greg "swivel" »

I'm soooo stoked you made it out this weekend Kenny and I Got your messagrz when I crossed the boarder,az I waz in Mex all week. I talked to Max and waz gonna met up with you.....but waz so wiped out and have to go back out to Vegas with/for my Popz, but I see the Boyz were out in full fourm to welcome you back ...I only wish I could've seen the look in your eyez when you paddled out with Max!!! Priceless 8) Call me and we will get some my friend! I miss you and it waz great to see you at the contest, You look great! 8) 8) 8) CHARGE! 8) 8) 8)
~"Be Seein Ya From The Inside Lookin Out"~
~"SWIVEL"~
~GH~
Ler

Post by Ler »

Congrats Kenny. You are the man.
Last edited by Ler on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akio Matsumoto

Post by Akio Matsumoto »

Kenny Its Good To See You In The Ocean . You Are Lucky Guy To Have a Friend Like Max And All That Care For You .Take it Slow & Thank Lord For This Great Gift That You Receved.Ex Photo Amanda So Sharp & Crisp.And It Was Fun & Good Seeing All Of You @ Ksusa Title.Take Care Every One :P And Look Out For Each Other.