Rest In Peace Mark Ricketts

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

bdwqld
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Rest In Peace Mark Ricketts

Post by bdwqld »

This morning I sent an email to a friend and Kneelo asking if he wanted to go for a surf this Saturday. I was absolutely devastated when I received this email from his partner.

"Byron
I know you will be shocked to know that Mark died very unexpectedly last Friday. It was totally unexpected and we still do not know why – but no pain – very quick.
The Currimundi surfers held a paddle out for him on Saturday. We will be having a memorial service on Saturday 14 May at 11am at the Old Witta School, Witta near Maleny. If you would like to come along, please do so. Wear colourful shirt and no black please. We will celebrate all the happy times.
Love
elaine"

Mark was a real gentleman and very passionate about knee boarding and life in general. My only regret is not knowing him as well as I would have liked.
RIP Mark Ricketts.
"Start at the Knees Please"
http://neepro.blogspot.com/
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

Hey Byron, so sad to hear, i only met him a couple of times and your right he was a nice guy. Goes to show you never know when it's your turn. Wherever he is now, i hope he's surfing perfect waves, with off shores all day and no dropins. Then unlimited beer and no hangovers of course. Cheers Mark
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
danny shilling
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by danny shilling »

Always sad to see a brother goe down.
randiego

Post by randiego »

RIP. Mark Ricketts was a regular poster on this site, and always stoked. Glad to hear there will be a celebration of his life. :cry:
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
Bill E.

Post by Bill E. »

Quote from Mark
....and I hope the large bird of fortune craps large dolops of wealth on your worthy world.
cheers
and best of luck
Mark, I only knew you through this site and a few PM's every once in awhile and I only wish you the best... always watch for low flying birds when the waves are really big and really good... I know you will. Bill
Cars come and go, VW's live and breathe

Surfers come and go, Kneeboarders live and breed
Headwax.

Post by Headwax. »

RIP Mark :(

I know there'll be some good waves where you're going.
RMcKnee

Post by RMcKnee »

Like Bill above, and many others no doubt, I knew Mark only through this site. His love of surfing shone through in the posts he made here. He will be missed.
No-one can say why lives end when they do. All we can do is celebrate the good they leave behind.

My deepest sympathy to Elaine and his family