Mutiny injured.

With the averge age of the kneeboarder these days this area should be used to post issues on health matters (surfer's ear, knee surgery, stretches, etc).

Moderator: Moderator

fishfinger
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by fishfinger »

hey yesterday i stopped by to see tom and he said he was getting ready to go home...then last night on lers facebook there is a pic of him getting out of a car....this guy is unbelievable what a warrior.......
Jimputz

Tommy

Post by Jimputz »

Tom,
Still can't believe it. This situation can happen to any one of us, but it happened to the nicest, most humble shredder I know. Some scary stuff. I couldn't even imagine. What a nightmare for you and your family. I'm so glad that your injury was treatable thank God and that your recovery went well from what I've heard from the boys. I also hear that you're probably home by now. Some great news that's for sure. I'm sure I will see you soon, at the Cove, and eventually in the lineup. You're an amazing man and one tuff dude.
Puttsy
mutiny
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by mutiny »

From the tips of my fingers that touches my heart I want to spread my deepest gratitude and thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for my family and I.
I know for a fact that my family has felt the meaning of our kneelo communtiy and I am so proud and happy to be a member.
To Ed Dimik
I want to hug right now :lol: and all the time...sorry ed! when his arms were around my chest swimming me to shore.. soothing me.. I felt safe when I had not one ounce of control of my body, I dont know how anyone can pay someone back for that
for he is a lifesaver and has given me a place back here on this earth all I know is that when Im back out at the cove I will give ed ANY wave im paddling for :D and I will find a way to repay your help ed. thank you

To everyone that came to the hospital to see me and sayin encouraging words to me and lifting my spirit I was in bliss seeing your faces and and I am so thankful for all your encouragment I am home here now because of all your help..you all gave me the strength to move forward

Its weird that something one does everyday that can be so heavenly and allows you to feel as one with nature on a daily basis, feel as one with the universe at times, in an instant can be altered... nothing is as it seems.. this experience has allowed me to slow down once again and tap into a deeper meaning in my life

i will see you surfing soon
keep safe and pull in (carefully)
tom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9mEu2pk ... rofilepage
randiego

Post by randiego »

Wow Tom, I had some tears myself reading this. :)

Jenny and I are very thankful that you are recovering and have an excellent prognosis. We are grateful that Ed was alert and there to pull you out, it's an amazing story. 8)

Can't wait to see you up and around again brother. Get well.
"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
steve burpo
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by steve burpo »

Tom,
Been off the site for awhile,sorry to hear about your injury.I'll be praying for you,your family,and a speedy recovery.I'm sure the Cove won't be the same untill your back in the water.
budgie

get well

Post by budgie »

hi tom

our time in the water is too short and too precious,

and we dont realise until we are unable to.

may you be able to catch some waves and rip again like you do

budgie
IronMonkeyone

Ed Dimmick

Post by IronMonkeyone »

Tom, I'm really stoked that you are on the mend. I look forward to surfing with you again.

Ed, not everyone has the ability to survey the situation and be there with great quickness to help your brother. I admire you and what you did, and it's all about looking out for each other. That's a true bro!

I look forward to seeing you and the clan again. Hopefully before the next contest.
My very best,
Joey G
I am part monkey and part fish. Opposable thumbs and great set of gills and flippers.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Yeah Tommy we have been praying for you and your family. I'm just glad to here you are out of Hoag and at HOME with FAMILY..........GOD BLESS YOU....
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Good luck in your recovery,Tom. From all of us in "Central Cal'..we wish you a speedy recovery.
"Dunes Local"
stonefish

Post by stonefish »

Aloha Tommy, wow i just found out. glad your on the mend. God bless you man. I always love surfing alone but this shows its good to be with the bros when your hitting it hard. Good on ya Ed! I cant wait to ride with the crew when im in town next!